It’s Vegan Latkes Time!
Jump in the kitchen with Dominique Side, known as Vgn Bae Dom in Houston, as she shares her take on classic vegan latkes for the holidays. “Potatoes are King” proclaims this Vegan Queen. The more potatoes the better, they’re beautiful in all their forms. This dish is an old favorite that any vegan can make with love and enjoy with family. But these aren’t just ordinary Latkes, Dominique adds a Creole twist to her recipe. Let’s see how it’s done.
The Vgn Bae Dom in Houston Specializing In Luxury Experiences
Dominique Side, known as Vgn Bae Dom in Houston, is a world-leading specialist in luxury ethical living. Her compassion-based lifestyle consultancy, The Luxury Vegan, guides CEOs, executives, high performers, and entrepreneurs transitioning to veganism without compromising on their luxury lifestyle. Founder of the Vgn Bae empire, Dominique has also built a 7-figure business enterprise with a record label, music studio, vegan clothing company, and boutique grocery store. To learn more visit her website.
Luxury And Vegan Latkes
Latkes are a popular Jewish cuisine known as potato pancakes, often served during the holidays. We were lucky enough to have Dominique share with us her special take on this popular dish. She adds Creole seasoning to give these gems a bit of Creole flair. There are only a few ingredients in the recipe, making it a simple and quick dish to whip up for the family.
Quick Vegan Potato Latkes With A Creole Twist
- 1 16 oz package shredded potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 tbs egg substitute
- 4 tbs all-purpose flour
- 2 pinches kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs creole seasoning
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- Sour cream, applesauce, chopped chives, for serving, optional
- Combine shredded potatoes in a bowl with the onion, egg, flour, salt, pepper and creole seasoning. Mix well.
- Pan Fried:
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Place a tablespoon of the potato mixture into the sizzling oil and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the pancakes over and cook for another 2 minutes, or until crisp on the outside and golden brown. Transfer potato cakes to a paper towel lined dish to drain excess oil, then to serving dish.
- Air Fried:
- Spray or brush the bottom of the fryer with oil. Place a tablespoon of the potato mixture into the fryer basket. Spray or brush the dollop with oil. Fry on 400deg for 7min. Flip and fry for 4min or until golden brown. Transfer potato cakes to serving dish.
- Garnish with optional accompaniments.
GET READY FOR THE HOLIDAYS WITH THE PERFECT RECIPE
We have many plant-based holiday recipes for you to try this season, so hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, find your perfect recipe, and start cooking. Give these vegan latkes a try and let us know how you liked them. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. We are LIVE every day at 12:30 pm PT with new plant-based recipes from all over the world, so be sure to stop by for more tasty dishes. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl