Berry Chia Parfait
Chia pudding is so easy to make and delicious! Chia seeds are high in protein, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids which are excellent for brain and heart health, not to mention anti-inflammatory. And berries are so full of antioxidants, you'll want to consume them every day! Here's a delicious way to do just that! Using frozen bananas provides a surprisingly creamy texture to your parfait. Easy, low-fat, and delicious! Who could ask for more? Don't forget to include our Buckwheat Cinnamon Crunch Granola and either Mighty Mocha or Double Chocolate Cookies for a really amazing treat!
- Mixed Berry Chia Pudding chilled (recipe below)
- 1 frozen banana sliced (or fresh is OK)
- 1/2 cup mango cubes frozen thawed works great
- 1/4 cup toasted rolled oats
- 4 blackberries
- Granola of choice I suggest Buckwheat Cinnamon Crunch Granola from Tracy’s Real Foods
- 2 vegan chocolate cookies Mighty Mocha or Double Chocolate Cookies – One split into quarters and one in half or a sprinkle of cocoa nibs.
Place a tablespoon or two of the Mixed Berry Chia Pudding into the bottom of two parfait glasses.
Place in a few banana slices then some mango.
Top that with some toasted rolled oats then more pudding.
Keep layering until it's full and then top each serving with a few pieces of granola a half of cookie, more banana slices and a few blackberries.