Nothing like a fresh homemade pesto for all your pesto needs. This is a simple and flavorful recipe you are sure to love.
- For Pesto:
- 1 cup 40 g packed fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup 60 g walnuts
- 1/3 cup 79 ml olive oil or vegetable broth for oil-free
- 2 tablespoons 28 ml water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons 10 g nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon 16 g white miso
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
To make the pesto: Add all the ingredients to a blender. Blend until there are still some specks of basil visible. Some people like the specks; others like smooth and creamy. Go whichever route you prefer, blending a little longer to make it smooth and creamy, if you desire.