Erin Riley-Carrasco’s Delectable Vegan Deviled Eggs from Ep 3 of New Day New Chef
Delectable Vegan Deviled Eggs
Erin Riley-Carrasco's Delectable Vegan Deviled Eggs from Ep 3 of New Day New Chef
Servings 1 Serving
- 12 Baby Red or Red Fingerling potatoes (halved, steamed, and centers scooped out)
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Kala Namak (*black salt that can be found in Indian grocery stores)
- splash of almond milk (if consistency is too thick)
- paprika (to sprinkle on top)
- Parsley (to garnish)
- Wash potatoes (thoroughly scrub) and then steam in 1 inch of water for about 25 minutes. Drain and then let cool.
- Cut in half and then scoop out the inside of potatoes with a melon baller. Make sure you leave a small ridge around the inside of potatoes. Place in a bowl to mash.
- Add the vegan mayonnaise, mustard Kala Namak, nutritional yeast, and almond milk (if needed) and mix together. You may want to add a little more vegan mayonnaise to get the consistency creamier. Mash all ingredients with a fork.
- Scoop the mixture into the inside of the potatoes(you can also use a piping bag and pipe the mixture into the hollowed out potatoes.)
- Top with a sprinkle of paprika on each potato and garnish with fresh parsley. Place inside a deviled egg food platter and you have a beautiful presentation!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
What's Your Reaction?