Kyle and Melissa Breslow’s Gazpacho Soup and Zucchini Carpaccio from EP 2 of New Day New Chef
Gazpacho Soup and Zucchini Carpaccio
Kyle and Melissa Breslow's Gazpacho Soup and Zucchini Carpaccio from EP 2 of New Day New Chef
Prep Time 10 minutes mins
Cook Time 5 minutes mins
Total Time 15 minutes mins
- 5 medium fresh tomatoes (cut in halves)
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 sweet mini peppers
- 1/4 medium red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- fresh ground white pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 avocado (embellishment)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves (embellishment)
- 4 zucchini (ends cut off)
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 ripe avocado (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or to taste)
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano (finely chopped. Or to taste)
For the Gazpacho Soup
- Add all ingredients together in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- When serving add basil and avocado to top. Optional to add chopped tomatoes, cucumbers and/or chopped onions to add texture.
- Sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil as last step, and serve.
- Mix together lemon juice, salt, and oil. Whisk to blend.
- Slice zucchini as thinly as possible. Place slices on platter and drizzle with lemon mixture. Distribute mixture evenly. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Optional to add avocado slices between zucchini slices. Play with adding other herbs including basil. Season with salt to taste and garnish with oregano and thyme, and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
What's Your Reaction?