The video explains it best, but below is the cliff notes to my Top Ten Tips for Staying Vegan When Eating Out!
- Plan ahead: when traveling, pack your own snack. Cashews, dates, edamame, and fruit are all great options.
- Check ahead: pick a restaurant that has options for you.
- Ask what the chef can make you. Any good chef should be able to whip up some good veggies for you.
- Don’t be shy: gone are the days of feeling embarrassed. Instead feel empowered to take back your health.
- Order salads and if they take off the meat and cheese, then tell them to load on the mushrooms and whole grains!
- Order from the sides. Spinach, potatoes, asparagus and mushrooms! Make your own meal!
- Pay it forward: If a restaurant tells you they are having trouble creating a vegan meal for you, tell them to contact me! If you can’t cook your veggies, you ain’t no chef. This will get them in the groove to create more vegan meals in the future.
- Check out my 5-Day plan on ElysabethAlfano.com/Recipes to get lots of encouragement, tips and tricks!
- Parties: Bring your own. Hummus! Guacamole! If you think there won’t be anything for you to eat, bring your own. The host will love you!
- Sign up for my Jumpstart Your Plant-based Life class to get all the nutritional info you need to get on your way to a plant-based diet!
The Elysabeth Alfano Show The Elysabeth Alfano Show airs every Sunday 4p ET live on the WCGO-Chicago, WCGORadio.com, The Smart Talk Radio Network, The JaneUnChained News Network, Vegan Magazine and Alexa. To hear more of The Elysabeth Alfano Show, click here. And please help us make the first and only syndicated plant-based radio show in the nation a huge success! Tell YOUR local station to pick up The Elysabeth Alfano, available across the nation through the Smart Talk Radio Network or by contacting Elysabeth at Elysabeth@ElysabethAlfano.com.
SUBSCRIBE to The Elysabeth Alfano Show on iTunes and to her Youtube Channel, Elysabeth Alfano. Be sure to subscribe to her monthly newsletter so you never miss a Facebook Live interview session or live cooking demos. Plus, don’t forget to stay in touch on Instagram and Twitter.
Thank you, also, to VegFund for supporting this podcast! In addition to her weekly Sunday radio show (4p ET on WCGO) you can catch her live on WGN Radio, WCPT Radio, WLS Radio and periodically on WGN-TV, WCIU-TV, iHeart Radio, Good Morning LALALand, Bagels Over Broadway, Splash Magazine Worldwide and NPR’s KCRW as a plant-based expert.