Who is the real Lady Freethinker? Find out! Nina Jackel is making a tantalizing Tempeh Reuben? Straight out of a New York deli except for cholesterol and cruelty-free! Jane says it is one of the best sandwiches she has ever had! This is a recipe anyone can make in just minutes. Make an outstanding sandwich to fuel you while you save animals like Lady Freethinker herself, Nina Jackel!
Nina is the wonder woman behind the mysterious Lady Freethinker 501c3 nonprofit media organization. The Lady Freethinker team is comprised of writers and investigators who focus on creating petitions, campaigns, and news articles to thrust animal abuse issues into the spotlight. By shining a light on the policies that abuse animals, they influence companies and public officials to change their policies and practices. One of their campaigns we featured on Jane Unchained News about stopping the entrapment and use of civets for cruel coffee made from their poo, has a petition over 30k signatures! Click the links below to support this amazing organization by receiving their newsletter and signing their life-saving petitions!
Nina’s recipe is one that Jane says she wants to make every day, and you will too! Nina starts by toasting the bread in vegan butter. Then she sautés the tempeh. In true New York style, she adds sauerkraut and her favorite condiments mustard and a thousand island dressing to the sandwich. Once all of the condiments and fresh avocado are layered on, this sandwich is ready for tasting. Jane and Paige give it a full yummy seal of approval! Try making it at home with Nina’s recipe below!
Any companies mentioned are welcome to respond at any time.
Tempeh Avocado Reuben Sandwich
- - 6 strips tempeh "bacon"
- - 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- - 2 slices rye bread
- - 1 pat vegan butter
- - 4 thin tomato slices
- - 1/4 cup sauerkraut
- - 1/4 ripe avocado sliced
- - mustard
- - Thousand Island dressing to taste vegan brand, or homemade using Vegenaise, ketchup and dill pickle relish
- - Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high
- - Add the strips of tempeh bacon to the pan and fry until slightly browned, about 2 minutes on each side
- - Toast the bread in a toaster, on a grill, or in a buttered frying pan
- - Put mustard on one slice of bread
- - Lay tempeh bacon strips on top of mustard
- - Lay tomato slices over tempeh bacon strips
- - Top with sauerkraut
- - On the second slice of bread, spread Thousand Island dressing
- - Place avocado slices onto dressed bread and press in to keep in place
- - Place the bread, avocado-side-down, on top of the sauerkraut to complete the sandwich
- - Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
What's Your Reaction?