Buffalo Wings Recipe: What Makes This Vegan Recipe So Special?
These are Spicy Garlic Chili Vegan Buffalo Wings…unique and oh so tasty! This Buffalo Wing recipe is made with tofu instead of the usual cauliflower, which is one reason why this recipe is so different. Erin Riley-Carrasco shows us how it is done on this episode of #SaturdaySnackdown! You do not want to miss this!
Buffalo Wings Recipe: But What Is The Deal With Tofu?
And why would anyone use it to make a Buffalo Wings recipe? Tofu is a good source of protein and highly versatile food. It is often used as a “meat alternative” because it absorbs flavors very well, making it the perfect vegan food to cook with because it can take on many different flavors! Personally I eat tofu every day in one form or another. It is one of my go-to protein-packed foods! So I definitely look forward to trying this Buffalo Wing recipe and adding it to my vegan favorites to make at home!
Tell Me Those Don’t Look AMAZING!
I am a Buffalo Wings recipe addict! Vegan only of course. But I have only ever tried the cauliflower versions, so I am so excited to test out this tofu version. Looks so easy to do and oh so flavorful! Now that your mouth is certainly watering for a taste, here is the recipe. I hope you will try to make this at home too. I will if you will!
Buffalo Wings Recipe (vegan)
- 1 extra firm tofu
- bread crumbs Panko style
- plant-based milk
- olive oil
- 1 jar chili garlic sauce
- vegan butter Erin used Miyoko’s
- granulated garlic
- coconut spray
- plant-based ranch dressing Daiya or Good Kharma
- Set oven at 425 degrees
- Lightly spray coconut spray onto a cooking sheet,
- Drain all the water from the block of extra firm tofu (a tofu press works best) and cut into 12 pieces (see photo.)
- Pour 6 tablespoons of cornstarch onto a plate and pour 1/4 cup plant-based milk into a bowl.
- To make Bread Crumb Mixture: combine in a bowl, 1 cup Panko style bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of pepper. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley and mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Take each piece of tofu and roll in the cornstarch first, then dip in the plant-based milk and lastly dip into the bread crumb mixture, making sure the
- entire piece is evenly coated, as well as the top and bottom. Place on the lightly sprayed cooking sheet. Cook for 25 minutes and then flip each piece
- of the coated tofu. Cook for another 10 minutes and then remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While the breaded tofu pieces are cooking, make the Spicy Chili Garlic Buffalo Sauce: place 6 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce, 3 tablespoons plant-based butter, 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic and 1/8 teaspoon of salt into a pan and heat for 5 minutes, mixing thoroughly. Pour into a bowl after cooling for a couple of minutes
- Place the cooked, breaded tofu pieces into the bowl of Spicy Chili Garlic Sauce and lightly toss, making sure each piece is thoroughly coated with the chili garlic sauce.
- Pour the plant-based ranch dressing into a small bowl for dipping and place the vegan buffalo “wings” around the bowl. Dip, eat, and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by and checking out this awesome recipe. If you want more incredible and tasty ideas to cook up, please visit previous posts from #SaturdaySnackDown. There are a ton of different recipes to choose from, all totally delicious!
See you next time!!![/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl