“From Breakfast to Dessert” Robert Petrarca, Co-Founder of Maxine’s Heavenly, shows us several ways to use their delicious cookies in two different recipes using their cookies. #LunchBreakLIVE #JaneUnChained VegFest Los Angeles
RECIPE: From Breakfast to Dessert with Maxine’s Heavenly Cookies
Crispy Cookie Granola
- 7 Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin cookies (from bag) leave on counter to harden a bit
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil (heat until liquified)
- 1/2 fresh chopped pecans (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 – 1/2 c fresh blueberries
- plant milk of your choice (almond, organic soy, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Leave cookies on the counter to harden a bit
- Crumble cookies into a bowl
- Pour coconut oil into the crumbled cookies while stirring to fully incorporate
- Fold in pecans
- Fold in hemp seeds
- Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet and spread out cookie mixture creating a thin layer
- Bake for 10 min, then take out and flip the granola over and bake for 5 min more
- Place a cereal sized portion into a bowl, add blueberries and plant milk to cover.
- Let it cool completely and store remaining granola in mason jars with tight fitting lids
Vegan Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 single serving package of Maxine’s Heavenly Cookies cut in half (these are larger than the ones in the bag)
- 1/2 scoop of vegan ice cream of your choice. We used Coconut Bliss Vanilla Island
- 1/8 cup Crispy Cookie Granola (made with Chocolate, Chocolate Chip cookies with shredded coconut instead of pecans in the previous recipe)
- Slice the cookie in half and place a scoop of your favorite vegan ice cream on to the cookie and gently press – creating and ice cream cookie sandwich
- Take some of the Crispy Cookie Granola and sprinkle around the perimeter of the ice cream sandwich.
What's Your Reaction?
Jane Velez-Mitchell is an award-winning TV journalist and New York Times best-selling author. She is the founder of UnchainedTV and the host of several shows on the network.