A Meatless Chicken Salad With So Much Flavor!
Marvelous Meatless Chicken Salad with Tangerine-Lime Dressing today on #LunchBreakLIVE! Lisa Karlan of Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine in the house with Ilana Bollag, a visitor from Switzerland, who does the taste test! Lisa uses gardein brand vegan chicken for this recipe. It is simple and delicious and ready for you to try!
RECIPE: Meatless Chicken Salad with Tangerine-Lime Dressing
You can easily have a delicious “chicken” salad by using meatless chicken instead of animal chicken. It’s far healthier, just as tasty, and simple to make. The animals and the planet will thank you! This is a salad you can manipulate to make it your own but choosing your favorite salad ingredients and throwing them in there. You can’t really go wrong!
- Gardein’s Chipotle Lime Crispy Fingers
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into fork size & keep cold till use
- 1 mango, 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 med oranges, supreme into 1/2 inch pieces (supreme means the pith and membranes are removed so just the orange remains)
- 1/2 c Follow Your Heart Parmesan Vegan Cheese, shredded
- 1/4 c Whole Foods Market Tangerine Vinaigrette (no oil)
- Bake Gardein “chick’n” according to package directions, then cut into fork sized pieces
- Place Romaine lettuce into a beautiful salad bowl
- Add the “chick’n pieces to the salad bowl
- Add the mange and the oranges
- Add the parmesan vegan cheese
- Toss salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette until dressing is evenly dispersed
CHOOSE MEATLESS CHICKEN FOR YOUR HEALTH, THE PLANET, AND THE ANIMALS
I bet if you fed this meatless chicken salad to your non-vegan friends they would never know the difference! Give it a try and see what happens. This salad is so simple to throw together for a quick lunch or dinner so I hope you give it a try. If you are looking for other easy vegan recipes to cook up, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Jane Velez-Mitchell is an award-winning TV journalist and New York Times best-selling author. She is the founder of UnchainedTV and the host of several shows on the network.