VEGAN SHRIMP! YES, YOU READ THAT RIGHT.
Erin Riley-Carrasco is loving all of the plant-based seafood options that are now available!! In this recipe, she uses vegan shrimp, linguine, zucchini, lemon, vegan butter, and spices to make a delicious vegan pasta dish! Let’s see how it is done…
VEGAN DOESN’T MEAN NO MORE “SEAFOOD”, JUST NO MORE ANIMAL-BASED SEAFOOD
This meal is truly a testament to just how far vegan food has come!! This cruelty-free vegan shrimp dish looks like it takes hours to prepare, but as Erin demonstrates in the video, it is actually quite simple and easy to prepare.
When Erin first went vegan she thought for sure she would never have seafood again. Well, she was right…no more animal-based seafood. But now it is just as easy to enjoy a flavorful seafood dish, without the cruelty! The vegan products available today, like vegan shrimp, are simply amazing, and much healthier for you in the long-run than the non-vegan versions. If you are a fan of seafood, I highly recommend you try out this recipe. WOW your friends and family with this delicious and impressive meal. They will not be disappointed.
Vegan Shrimp Scampi
- 1 package of linguine
- 1 medium zucchini spiralized or one package of pre-spiraled zucchini
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup of plant-based shrimp
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook linguine according to directions on the package. Right before it’s el dente, add the zucchini spirals and cook
- until the pasta is done and then drain.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegan butter in saucepan and cook the chopped onions until they are translucent. Add the garlic and
- continue to saute for several minutes. Remove to a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon vegan butter in the skillet and add the plant-based shrimp and garlic salt. Cook until the shrimps are golden on both sides.
- Return the cooked onions and garlic mixture into the skillet and add the lemon, vegetable broth and parsley and cook for several minutes.
- Combine the cooked linguine and zucchini with the vegan shrimp mixture into a large bowl or serving platter.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
THANKS FOR JOINING US FOR LUNCH
I hope you enjoyed this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE as much as I did. Who knew you could still eat “shrimp” as a vegan. It looks like shrimp and tastes like shrimp, but no shrimp were harmed! Amazing. If you decide to try this incredible dish, be sure to take a photo of your finished product and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. Jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page for other easy vegan recipes to try. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.