Polenta Pizza Satisfies That Craving!
Did somebody say Polenta Pizza? Check out this easy versatile recipe that is fun to serve with all your favorite toppings – with so many options you’ll never tire of making it! Today we will top it with spinach vegan bacon and Roma tomatoes and vegan cheese. This dish is easy to make; loaded with flavor; high in fiber and vitamin-rich. It is healthy Italian comfort food!
Lindsey Baker hosts and cooks a vegan version of a family recipe on #LunchBreakLIVE. Her guest is Diana Munoz from Gentle Giants Non-Profit.
She Loves Polenta Pizza, But What Else?
Lindsey Baker is a vegan activist, artist performer and a contributor for JaneUnchained News Network. She has taught at the college level, in the area of graphic design and advertising for over 20 years.
Prior to becoming vegan, Lindsey had no interest in cooking at all. But since going vegan 5 years ago, she has become very curious about cooking and transforming non-vegan meals into delicious and healthy vegan versions. She is now on a mission to veganize all her mother’s secret recipes that have been carried on for generations. By sharing these recipes she hopes to show the world it is easy to be vegan, and there is no lack of taste or excitement in vegan food.
Let’s See The Polenta Pizza Already!
Okay, Okay, I know you are eager to see how this pizza turned out. I know I am too because I have never heard of pizza made out of polenta. It looks delicious though, that is for sure. And I bet the texture is awesome. I love the texture of polenta!
A Heavenly Meal!
This polenta pizza looks like the best comfort food. Healthy, yet still super delicious and filling. Perfect for the upcoming Fall months. I can see myself on the couch nibbling on some of this pizza during my Netflix and chill time. Oh boy, I can’t wait! The recipe is below so you can also make this super easy and tasty pizza at home.
Vegan Polenta Pizza
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Polenta Mix
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 strips of vegan bacon
- 10 ounces mushrooms chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 roma tomato sliced
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- Vegan Parmesan cheese
- Red cracked paper
- Garlic Salt
- Brush a layer of olive oil on a pizza pan or cookie sheet. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water and a large pinch of salt. Bring just about to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and add cornmeal in a steady stream, whisking all the while to prevent lumps from forming. Turn heat to low and simmer, whisking frequently, until thick, 5 minutes. If mixture becomes too thick, whisk in a bit more water; you want a consistency approaching thick oatmeal.
- Stir 1 tablespoon oil into cooked cornmeal (polenta). Spoon it onto prepared pan, working quickly so polenta does not stiffen; spread it evenly to a thickness of about ½ inch all over. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper, cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and put it in refrigerator until it is firm, an hour or more (you can refrigerate polenta overnight if you prefer).
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Put polenta in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it begins to brown and crisp on edges. Meanwhile, put one tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until they have released all of their moisture, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to take the mushrooms out of pan; set aside. Add spinach to skillet and sauté until it releases its water and pan becomes dry; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Take polenta out of oven, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then spread spinach evenly on top of cheese and top with mushrooms, bacon and sliced tomato. Put pizza back in oven for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese begins to melt and the toppings are warmed through. Cut into slices and serve hot or at room temperature. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Thank You For Stopping By!
I hope you enjoyed this pizza party as much as I did! Try this recipe at home and let us know how you liked it. And if you are looking for more delicious vegan recipes, check out some of the previous episodes of #LunchBreakLIVE. There are a ton of recipes to choose from. Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.