Looking For A Vegan Cheese Stick Recipe?
I have the perfect one for you! Tonia cooked cheese sticks for us on #LunchBreakLIVE that look so gooey, cheeeeeezy, and delicious! Mozzarella cheese sticks were my favorite as a kid, so I am super excited to see how to make this vegan version. Let’s see how it’s done!
Cheese Stick Skills, And So Much More…
Tonia is a favorite guest of mine because her kitchen skills are awesome! But her talents don’t end in the kitchen. Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Wait Until You See The Gooeyness Of These Cheese Sticks!
Who doesn’t love cheesy gooeyness in every bite of any food? These cheese sticks won’t disappoint in that area. They are stuffed with vegan cheese, melted to perfection, and dripping in gooey goodness with every bite. Breaded to perfection, and ready for dipping!
Let’s Get Cooking…Cheese Sticks!
Bring on the cheese! I am so ready to dive into this recipe. Like right now. Perfect for time on the couch in front of the tv, or for an appetizer at a gathering, or just a family appetizer! Or make them your main meal….whatever you prefer….but let’s get dipping with these cheesy bites of heaven!
Air Fryer Cheese Sticks!
- 1 package of vegan cheese mozzarella, or gouda (can be a chunk or slices!)
- 3/4 C. almond or other unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 1/2 C. flour
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1 C breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 T Italian seasoning
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Cut vegan cheese into strips and set in the fridge until the last minute.
- Separate flour into 2 bowls (leave one plain)
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and milk to one bowl and mix.
- In 3rd bowl, add Italian seasoning to bread crumbs and stir.
- Dip cheese in the wet mixture, flour, wet mixture, and then bread crumbs (cover with bread crumbs).
- Place in the air fryer, cook for 6 minutes at 350.
- Plate and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Dip in marinara sauce.
Thanks For Joining In On This Cheesy Cooking Adventure!
I truly enjoyed this show and I hope you did too. Be sure to visit previous episodes of #LunchBreakLIVE for more fabulous vegan recipes for you to try. There are so many different options and courses to choose from. Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.