THE VEGAN VERSION OF GOOD OLE’ HAMBURGER HELPER
New recipe and cool new product alert! Vegan-style Hamburger Helper with pasta and cheese sauce from Plantworthy Food. This new product is incredible. Join guest Chef Tonia L. Carrier as she shows us how to make this childhood favorite, turning it into a vegan masterpiece full of nostalgia. Let’s take a look…
SHE CAN VEGANIZE ANYTHING!
Tonia is not only talented at veganizing any recipe, but she is also a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
HAMBURGER HELPER. HOW TO MAKE IT VEGAN.
Let’s make something OLD with something NEW! When Tonia was a kid one of her favorite things her mom made for dinner was Hamburger Helper. (Before she went vegan, of course!) So she decided to veganize it today using Sweet Earth vegan ground meat substitute and the new, amazing cheese sauce mix from Plantworthy Food. (www.plantworthyfood.com) This dupe for Hamburger Helper is so easy and very delicious! It only requires a few ingredients and is very fast to make. The leftovers heat up perfectly, so don’t be afraid to make extra for the next day.
Vegan Hamburger Helper
- 10 oz meat substitute I used Sweet Earth ground meat substitute made with pea protein.
- 10 oz before cooking pasta
- 1 packet of Plantworthy Food Smoky Cheddar cheese mix
- 1 1/2 C unsweetened plant milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Cook pasta per directions. Cook meat substitute in a pan and season with garlic powder and onion powder. in a bow mix the Plantworthy cheese mix with plant milk and whisk. Heat the cheese sauce for a couple of minutes until thick. Add the pasta and meat substitute for a yummy, cruelty free version of the old Hamburger Helper we had years ago! Enjoy!
A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE
Tonia is the best at veganizing our favorite childhood dishes. Her recipes never disappoint. Give this one a try and let us know how you liked it. Be sure to take a photo and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. Stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton of recipes for you to try. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.