CRAVING SOME SALISBURY STEAK? WE GOT YOU.
Let’s go BEYOND and make a delicious Salisbury Vegan Steak, or “UN-steak” with Beyond Meat ! Join Your Vegan Friend Tonia and learn how to make this easy and fun recipe on #LunchBreakLIVE. Just cause your vegan doesn’t mean you can’t have those comfort foods non-vegans enjoy…pretty much anything can be veganized! Let’s see how it’s done…
FAMOUS FOR HER VEGAN COMFORT FOOD
Tonia rocks it in the kitchen again for us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. She makes incredible plant-based food in the kitchen, but her talents go above and beyond cooking! Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
VEGAN STEAK FOR THE WIN!
This is a vegan Salisbury Steak in mushroom sauce, atop noodles. Perfect comfort food for sure, and oh so tasty. It is such a simple recipe, most anyone can have fun making it. Tonia uses Beyond Meat for the UN-Steak and most people wouldn’t even be able to tell that it is 100% plant-based. It’s that good. This dish reminds me of the Beef Stroganoff my mom used to make. So much yum.
SALISBURY “UN-STEAK” MADE WITH BEYOND MEAT
- 1 lb noodles of your choice (or use rice or mashed potato as your base!
- 16 oz Beyond Meat ground
- 1 purple onion-chopped
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Mushroom Gravy
- 2 C water
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Bouillon paste or use vegetable broth
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1/2-3/4 C flour
- 1 Tbsp onion flakes
- Water to mix with flour
- Cook noodles as directed and drain.
- Chop onion and water fry until cooked thoroughly.
- Slice mushrooms and water fry in pan until cooked thoroughly.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add bouillon and onion flakes to water.
- In a bowl whisp flour with water to make a paste. This will allow you to mix it into the boiling broth mix with no clumps.
- Add flour mix to broth slowly and whisk. Stop adding flour paste as broth gets just gets to the thickness you want. Stir constantly. Lower heat. Add mushrooms to the gravy mix. Turn down heat to simmer but stir often to avoid any sticking or burning.
- In a mixing bowl mix 1 lb of Beyond Meat, garlic powder, black pepper and the cooked onion. Heat pan and spray with a little cooking spray.
- Form a patty and cook for approx. 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place patty on top of noodles and top with that yummy mushroom gravy!
- MMMMM! This is comfort food at it’s best! Enjoy!
ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END
Our time together has sadly come to an end, but it was fun while it lasted. I enjoyed learning how to make this simple and tasty vegan dish, it looks like pure comfort in every bite. If you are looking for other yummy plant-based meals to cook up, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl