Have You Ever Heard Of Lasagna Soup?
We have all heard and probably enjoyed Lasagna in our lifetime, but have you ever heard of Lasagna Soup? I sure haven’t and am intrigued to learn more about it. Luckily our guest Chef, Tonia Carrier, shows us how to make this incredible white creamy soup that you are sure to love. Lasagna in soup form sounds amazing, so let’s see how it’s done…
Your Vegan Friend Tonia, Rockin’ It In The Kitchen!
Tonia rocks it in the kitchen again for us on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. She makes magic in the kitchen, but her talents go above and beyond cooking! Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Lasagna Soup! Bring It On!
This Lasagna Soup is so creamy and hearty. The base is made from homemade cashew cream, so you can imagine the velvety goodness that comes in every bite. It is filled with all the right spices giving it the Italian cheesy flavor you would expect. This dish is sure to be another family favorite on a cold winter night. I can totally imagine grubbing on this and look forward to making it. It simply sounds amazing. The recipe is posted below so I hope you give it a try too. This soup is also SOOOO easy to make so you really have no excuses to not give it a try. Haha.
WHITE CREAMY LASAGNA SOUP
- 1 C Raw Cashews soaked overnight
- 1 C Vegetable Broth
- 1 T Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves of Garlic
- ½ Sweet Onion chopped
- Juice of One Lemon
- 6 C Vegetable Broth
- 2 t Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 C Nutritional Yeast
- 2 t Agave syrup
- 8 Sheets of Lasagna
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pack of sliced mushrooms
- Soak cashews overnight in water.
- Make cashew cream first. Drain soaked cashews and add to blender with 1 C vegetable broth, 1T lemon juice and pinch of salt and pepper. Blend on high until cream is super smooth and velvety. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot heat oil, garlic, onions and mushrooms. Saute. Add lemon juice, vegetable broth, Italian seasonings, agave and nutritional yeast. Next pour in cashew cream. Whisk to combine.
- Add broken lasagna noodles to the soup. Simmer until noodles are cooked. Add more salt if necessary. Soup will thicken as it cooks.
- Serve immediately over spinach.
Thanks For Joining Us For Lunch!
I am so excited to try this recipe! I love a good creamy soup, but I have never heard of Lasagna Soup before so this will be a first for me and I can’t wait. If you are looking for other easy vegan recipes to try, be sure to jump over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where there are a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.