It’s a Beyond Meat Remix With Our Very Own Jane Velez-Mitchell
#LunchBreakLIVE features a Beyond Meat Remix on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE. Use just 2 ounces of the delicious meat alternative, mix in some extra-firm tofu, mixed veggies, minced garlic, onions, nutritional yeast, Bragg’s Aminos… voila, what a taste sensation! It’s a perfect combo to wrap up in a tortilla! Add in some black beans and you’ve got the perfect meal. Let’s take a look at how Jane put together this unique and tasty dish…
She Is A True Dedicated Vegan, Changing The World For The Better
Jane Velez-Mitchell is the Founder of JaneUnChained News Network, a 501 c3 nonprofit organization. JaneUnChained is a digital news network for animal rights and the vegan lifestyle, which has more than 60 volunteer contributors from around the world who showcase vegan festivals, animal rights conferences, protests, vegan restaurants, and more.
Jane is an incredible journalist with a passion to spread the ongoing, growing vegan and animal rights news, locally and around the world. But when she is not reporting, she is often experimenting in her kitchen, creating all sorts of unusual and tasty vegan eats. Today she shared with us her imaginative genius in the kitchen. Don’t Worry, the recipe is below.
So What Exactly Is a Beyond Meat Remix?
Add some Beyond Meat Beef and some Extra Firm Tofu together with a whole bunch of other yumminess like veggies and garlic, and you have yourself a Beyond Meat Remix. It is definitely a Jane recipe with its uniqueness and deliciousness. I agree that this sounds like the perfect combo to be wrapped up all snuggled tight in a tortilla, for sure! Throw some beans on top and some vegan cauliflower queso cheese and hot sauce, and I am in heaven. This is a super high protein meal, for all you proetien lovers out there. So give it a try…
Beyond Meat Remix
- Half a serving of Beyond Meat 2 ounces
- 4 oz of extra firm tofu cubed
- 1/4th Diced red onion
- 3 TBSP of minced garlic heaping
- 1/2 cup mixed veggies
- 1 TBSP of liquid aminos
- A dash of garlic salt to taste
- A dash of Nutritional Yeast
- Spray olive oil or any olive oil
- Plant Perfect Vegan Mayo
- Simple Truth Plant Based Cauliflower Queso Dip
- Toss the half a serving of Beyond Meat on the pan with the diced onion
- Add olive oil to taste
- As the onions caramelize, add the cubed extra firm tofu, add the liquid aminos
- Once these protein sources are browned, add the mixed veggies, add a tad more olive oil, add the dash of nutritional yeast, add the dash of garlic salt.
- Plate the Beyond Meat Remix Hash
- Using the same pan,
- Toss on the La Banderita Tortilla
- Spray a bit of oil and brown on both sides
- Side dish
- Black beans
- Add minced garlic to taste
- Add Garlic Salt to Taste
So Glad You Joined Us For This Beyond Meat Lunch Special!
Jane is always fun to have on the show with her vegan enthusiasm, charm, and awesome way around the kitchen. her recipes are always unique, fun, and simple to make…the best kind! If you are looking for other easy vegan recipes to try, be sure to jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.