DO YOU LOVE VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE?
Did someone say CHEEZE? You’re going to learn how to make a delicious vegan cheese sauce that is seed-based and healthy. The sauce is then drizzled on a delicious bed of Rainbow Quinoa, topped with avocado flour, ginger, and a variety of vegetables, like Brussel sprouts, onions, rainbow carrots, microgreens, and avocado. In the #LunchBreakLIVE kitchen today we have guest Julie Atri, who will show us how to make this magical dish.
MAKING ELIVE FOOD TO LIVE BY
Julie Atri is a chef, mother, entrepreneur, and business owner. She is the creative force behind her company called Elive Food. Elive Food is a Vegan food line, which is dedicated to providing nutritious, and delicious Plant-based Vegan food for their customers. Everything is Organic, local (whenever possible), grain-free, egg-free, and cruelty-free. Her products vary from cashew cheesecakes to variations of raw pesto and raw sauces, to grain-free cauliflower pizza crusts and burger buns.
Julie grew up in a vegetarian family in New Delhi, India, where she learned Ayurvedic teachings and way of life which she incorporates into her food creations. After migrating to Boston, USA at the age of 14 Julie was faced with limited to almost nonexistent vegetarian options and fell into experimenting with a variety of diets. It was when she moved to Los Angeles CA that she decided to take her health into her own hands and return to her roots and dive more into a whole food plant-based vegan lifestyle.
One of her passions is to use Indian cooking influences and spices to create high nutrition, mouthwatering dishes. She is the mother of an 11-year-old daughter and proud of her whole household that is living a whole-food plant-based organic vegan lifestyle. Her desire and hope is to show all people that a vegan lifestyle is not only possible but enjoyable and delicious. She believes that one person’s meal shouldn’t require another life to be sacrificed. There is a balance in living with respect for all-natural things which brings about its own order and discipline that is immensely beautiful. Julie believes that we must preserve and protect this balance so that future generations can enjoy what mother earth has to offer.
ANYTHING WITH VEGAN CHEESE SAUCE IS PURE PERFECTION
This dish uses white quinoa, ginger, and a variety of vegetables that make up a delicious and incredibly filling meal. What tops this dish off is drizzling a super cheeezy sauce all over it. It is a seed-based cheese sauce that utilizes supersedes – it’s deliciously cheeezy and adds a whole new dimension to the dish. Not only is this meal super healthy and tasty, but it is pretty simple to put together. The vegan cheese sauce is sure to become one of the go-to sauces that you drizzle atop everything…because vegan cheese sauce makes everything better!
Rainbow Quinoa with Cheeezy drizzle
- Cheeezy drizzle Sauce:
- 1.7 oz Nutritional yeast I use red star 1.7 oz Sunflower seeds
- 1. oz hemp seeds
- .2 oz sundried tomato
- 9 grams fine sea salt
- Pinch of red chili pepper
- .7 oz Hemp oil may sub olive oil
- .7 oz oz apple cyder vinegar
- 7.5 oz alkaline water filtered water is also fine 3 grams garlic granules
- Rainbow quinoa: all organic ingredients
- 2-3 cups cooked quinoa may sub any preferred rice or combination of different rice and/or quinoa 1⁄2” fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 zucchini sliced
- 1/4 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 medium red and/or yellow bell pepper sliced
- 4-5 brussel sprouts sliced
- 1/4 multi color carrots ribboned red, purple, yellow avocado sliced for topping the dish
- Choice of sesame seeds or pumpkin seeds for topping Sea salt and Black pepper to taste
- Cheeezy drizzle
- Place all the ingredients in high speed blender bowl (nutri bullet is great) and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Blend at high speed until super smooth.
- Store in glass jar in fridge.
- Good for up to 2 weeks.
- This Cheeezy drizzle is a great substitute for “cheese”. It tastes amazing, satisfying and is full of nutrition. Great cheese substitute for many things you use cheese on.
- Best at room temperature or lukewarm. Don’t overheat.
- Use straight out of the fridge if using on hot food.
- Great on pizza; drizzle on pizza then heat up the pizza in oven for a 10-15 seconds.
- Rainbow quinoa
- Heat up your pan. Drop minced ginger and toss in the pan for few seconds. Then add zucchini with splash of water. Turn down heat to medium let cook for couple of minutes.
- Add onions & bell peppers toss gently and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add brussel sprouts and work them in with the vegetables and let cook for 1 more minute.
- Now add the carrot ribbons and blend together with the other vegetables in the pan. Let
- incorporate for upto 1 minute.
- Turn the heat to low
- Add pinch of salt and incorporate well. Don’t over salt
- Add upto 2 cups of cooked quinoa (adjust to desired amount). Turn the heat off. Put the lid on
- the pan and let sit for about 5 minutes OR until quinoa is warm.
I’M GOING TO GO MAKE THIS CHEESE SAUCE NOW!
This dish that Julie made for us looks so incredible and healthy and the vegan cheese sauce REALLY looks perfect to pour over any and everything! I hope you give this recipe a try and let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other plant-based recipes to try, be sure to stop over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl