A Kale Salad Recipe You Are Sure To LOVE
Today’s “beautiful YOU” massaged kale salad recipe is extra special. It is made with lemon chili tahini dressing and created by our featured guest Shelli Belleci, founder of Your Sweet Life. A refreshing salad perfect for Spring or Summer when you are in the mood for a cool and healthy meal. Let’s take a look at how it’s done.
A True Passion For Health And Food!
Shelli Belleci is a California, Bay Area native who has a passion for vegan living, animal rights, and environmentalism. She loves preparing delicious vegan meals that foster health, vitality, and beauty while also tasting delicious and leaving you feeling satisfied. Shelli believes you can have your cake and eat it too because food is meant to meet your body’s needs and also to be enjoyed. As a certified health coach and author, Shelli teaches and inspires others to achieve their best health and life by living empowered. Her approach is to teach others to establish first their best health by adopting a nutrition, mind, body, and soul lifestyle practice. Part of this involves helping people discover, nurture, and share their inherent unique gifts and talents. Shelli loves the beach, reading, dancing, music, playing with her cat Reyna, and spending quality time with her daughter.
A Kale Salad Recipe In Full Flavor Mode
This kale salad recipe is not your average kale salad. Oh no. It is bursting with flavors and textures you are sure to love. Perfect for Summer and Spring, or really any time of the year when you are craving a refreshing, healthy meal. The lemon chili tahini dressing is pure perfection, a perfect match for this salad. Super simple to make and totally delicious.
Beautiful You Kale Salad
- 1 head lacinato kale
- ½ medium cucumber chopped
- 3 radishes chopped
- ¼ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 3-4 tbsp red onion chopped
- 3 dates pitted & chopped
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ⅛ tsp to taste of each : cumin, paprika, turmeric, chili powder, garlic, sea salt
- Wash and de-stem the kale. Dry it off in a salad spinner or with a clean dish towel. Then add the kale to a large salad bowl. Massage the kale with your hands for up to 3 minutes until tender. Then peel your cucumber, and chop it up. Proceed to slice and chop up the dates, onion, olives and radishes. Add these ingredients on top of the kale. Finally, cut the avocado in half and take out the pit. Scoop out the flesh and add it to the top of the salad, and sprinkle on the hemp seeds.
- For the dressing; add the tahini, lemon juice and other ingredients to a small bowl or jar and whisk together, adding small amounts of water until the dressing comes to your desired consistency.
- Finally, pour some of the dressing over the salad, toss and enjoy!
Thank You For Joining Us For Lunch
What a great episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. I love a good, refreshing, healthy, AND tasty kale salad. Give this recipe a try and let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy plant-based recipes to cook up? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.