RECIPE: Falasophy Falafels
- soaked and sprouted garbanzo beans
- flat leaf parsley
- white onions
- fresh garlic
- fresh dill
- spice mix (cumin, dried coriander, red pepper flakes and salt)
- sliced eggplant, roasted in oven
- pomegranate molasses
- tahini (store bought or homemade
- pita bread
- pickled red cabbage
- Mix all the ingredients above (except the spice mixture) in a food processor adding enough of the greens, garlic and onions, so the mixture turns green
- Blend in the spice mixture making sure it is equal distributed throughout the falafel mixture
- Marinate sliced eggplant in pomegranate molasses for at least one hour
- Roast the marinated eggplant at 350 degrees F till soft and cooked or deep fry it.
- Chill the falafel mixture, if possible, and then with a falafel scoop (a little ice cream scoop) form them into small balls. Do NOT press to hard squeezing them tightly.
- Deep fry them at 325 degrees F until they turn golden brown.
- Create a pocket in the pita bread and fill each one with the falafels, eggplant, tahini sauce, pomegranate molasses, pickled red cabbage, tomato cucumber salad,
- Top with more tahini
*some Middle Eastern cultures add fava beans to the garbanzo beans in creating the falafel.
Falasophy (Brick & Mortar) location in Santa Ana, CA
What's Your Reaction?
Jane Velez-Mitchell is an award-winning TV journalist and New York Times best-selling author. She is the founder of UnchainedTV and the host of several shows on the network.