Mario Fabbri’s Cheesy Kale Chips from Ep 7 of New Day New Chef
Cheesy Kale Chips
Mario Fabbri's Cheesy Kale Chips from Ep 7 of New Day New Chef
- 1 bunch (about 10 oz) kale leaves (washed with stems removed)
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp salt and black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 Fahrenheit
- Remove the kale leaves from their stems and tear them into large pieces. Add them to a big bowl.
- Drizzle the oil and lemon juice onto the kale leaves. Use your fingers to massage the kale with the oil and soften its texture.
- Add the cashews, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to a blender and pulse into a crumbly texture.
- Sprinkle the cashew blend onto the kale and spread evenly.
- Spread the kale on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Toss and flip the kale then bake for 5-10 more minutes.
- Best when eaten within 24 hours.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
What's Your Reaction?