VEGAN LETTUCE WRAPS, BETTER THAN THE RESTUARANT KIND
Whenever I visit an Asian restaurant the first thing I ask is if they have vegan lettuce wraps. These are a favorite of mine. So crunchy and delicious! When I saw that Erin would be cooking these on #SaturdaySnackDown I got super excited. I never even thought about making them at home. I look forward to trying this recipe soon and getting that lettuce wrap craving satisfied.
INSPIRED BY ASIAN TOFU LETTUCE WRAPS FROM PF CHANGS
One of Erin Riley-Carrasco’s absolute favorite restaurant meals is the Asian Tofu Lettuce Wraps from PF Changs. On this segment of #SaturdaySnackdown, she creates her own version of this amazingly delicious and healthy dish. She uses a brand new vegan chicken product called “Daring” that is gluten-free, non-GMO, and only has 8, all-natural ingredients – NO processed ingredients whatsoever! This plant-based chicken has 20 grams of protein per serving and cooks very quickly. This recipe tastes so similar to the PF Changs recipe and is so easy to make. Enjoy these super tasty, gluten-free, cruelty-free Lettuce Wraps!
Since we are still in the midst of the Coronavirus Pandemic, I am not yet comfortable heading over to PF Changs for that vegan lettuce wrap craving, so for now, I will try to make these at home with the help of Erin’s easy recipe. Erin always cooks up the most amazing meals for us. Her recipes are my favorite…always delicious and always creative. Frankly, I feel like she should open her own restaurant, she’s that good! Let’s check out the magic she created today…
Asian Vegan Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- optional - white rice make according to directions on the package
- 1 package “Daring” vegan chicken shredded
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or amino acids
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup Hoison sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts drained and diced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime cut into 4 slices
- head butter lettuce
- optional - crunchy noodles or crushed peanuts to add on top for crunchiness
- Heat the sesame oil in saucepan over medium heat. Saute the “Daring” vegan chicken until browned on both sides, about 508 minutes.
- Add the fresh garlic, onion, poison sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, fresh ginger and Sriracha until the onions become soft and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the chestnuts and half of the green onions and cook until tender.
- Add in the salt and pepper to taste
- Spoon the warm white rice into the lettuce cups and top with the vegan chicken mixture. Add the extra sauce, sprinkle the left over green onions and squeeze the lime juice on top.
- *For dipping Sauce: Mix some of the hoison sauce, soy sauce and Sriracha in a small bowl and mix. Use to pour over the mixture in lettuce wraps.
STAY AT HOME AND MAKE YOUR OWN
So get crackin’ and cook up these delicious vegan lettuce wraps. You won’t be disappointed. Let us know how you liked them. If you are looking for more easy vegan recipes to cook up, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page and the #SaturdaySnackDown page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time..keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl