You are probably wondering….What the heck is carrot toona? I asked the same question when I first saw this recipe on #LunchBreakLIVE. I was like “whaaaaaaaaaaat?” But OMG, this is such an incredible recipe with flavor that will make your tastebuds jump! Like literally, jump for more. And then there is a cheezy pasta recipe also packed into this episode, because who doesn’t love CHEESE! All this goodness is 100% vegan and totally delicious. Check it out.
Sherri is an Entrepreneur, Certified Personal and Pilates Trainer, wife, mother to two creative talented young men and has been vegan for four and 1/2 years. She started W29 Activewear 5 years ago bringing high-quality athletic wear to market to inspire and motivate people to move their bodies.
Celebrating being vegan for 4.5 years now, Paige has been committed to bringing ECO-VEGANISM to the forefront of every interaction: Environmentally conscious vegan living. After watching the documentary COWSPIRACY, she went vegan on the spot. Her daughter Katelyn, 13 at the time, chose veganism for the animals 6 months earlier. Paige, on the other hand, after being shocked by the amount of water it takes to put a hamburger on a plate and the fact that animal agriculture is the leading cause of deforestation and climate change, chose to go vegan “for the environment.” Soon after, she attended her first pig vigil with LA Animal Save/Save Movement. Once she looked at those baby pigs in the eyes, she knew why her daughter had gone vegan.
Paige became a Contributor for JaneUnChained News after cooking as a guest chef on #LunchBreakLIVE. She met Jane Velez-Mitchell at VegFestLA and then again at Moby’s Circle V Festival. Inspired by Jane’s bold courage, Paige now reports for JNN on all the latest animal rights events, including The Save Movement’s pig/chicken/cow vigils, various PETA protests, VegFests, book launches, Anonymous for the Voiceless’ Cube of Truths and vegan conferences.
Paige is now also the Booker for #LunchBreakLIVE on the JaneUnChained News Network.
Let’s see what these two fireballs in the kitchen created today. Recipes are below, so be sure to check them out and definitely try to make them at home. Then you can tell all your friends you have eaten Carrot Toona! It is a super easy 100% plant-based recipe, so grab some carrots and let’s get cookin’!
Sherri Sheree’s Carrot Tuna
- 2 cups carrot juice pulp 7-8 organic carrots
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise Veganaise or Just Mayo
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 2 Tablespoons organic sweet yellow onion or red onion
- 2 Tablespoons organic red pepper or green diced
- 2 Tablespoon fresh organic celery
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated kelp
- 1/2 teaspoon nori wrap blended in Nutri bullet to make powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ole bay season
- 1/2 teaspoon Cappy’s Dry Rub
- Sprinkle a bit of Celtic salt or Himalayan salt to taste
- Add Carrot pulp to a bowl and add all the ingredients and Mix well
- Enjoy the Carrot Juice!
- Serve on bread, crackers or with chips. My favorite slice an avocado in half.
- Remove the seed and spoon in the carrot tuna. Experiment with the recipe and make it your own.
Paige’s Cheezy Pasta
- 1 bag of noodles
- 1/2 C Nooch
- 4 small sliced mushrooms
- 1/8 chopped onion
- 2 small chopped stalks of broccoli
- Sprinkle of Salt
- Sprinkle of Pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
- Sauté onion, mushroom, and broccoli in a skillet with a small amount of water to keep from sticking, until lightly browned. Boil the pasta, then strain. Place pasta in a bowl, add the sautéd ingredients and mix. Sprinkle nooch, salt, and pepper. Add I C of Vegenaise (Optional), stir until all noodles are covered. Add one small squeeze. Stir and serve! Enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.