This Far East Veggie Soup Recipe Is So Tasty!
Ready for some far east veggie soup with turmeric as a main player? Today’s guest, chef Abigail Steinberg, creator of the Pine & Gilmore’s Orange Ginger and Sesame Vinaigrette dressing and marinade, and a best-selling author, will be creating this satisfying soup for us with all the flavor you could ever want! Let’s see how she did it…
Who is This Incredible Chef?
Abigail Steinberg is a sales executive, senior manager, consultant in the natural food industry, and co-founder of Pine & Gilmore Gourmet Vegan Foods. Steinberg was instrumental in launching Zevia, a zero-calorie stevia-sweetened soda, scaling it up for venture capital sales and successful acquisition. Steinberg held senior executive-level positions at Nutranext, Clorox (At Clorox Abigail was awarded “Hunter of The Year 2018 for top sales and territory growth). Steinberg left Clorox to join the Brandable Team in 2019 where she helped scale up VeggieCraft Farms Cauliflower Pasta for acquisition to Litehouse in September 2020.
Abigail is the author of Recipe for Success: An Insider’s Guide to Bringing Your Natural Food to Market, a natural foods bestseller and published by HarperCollins in November 2015. As a guide for natural food entrepreneurs, the book reveals common and costly mistakes in startup businesses. Currently, the book is available in ten countries and distributed by top retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Target!
In June 2019 Pine & Gilmore Gourmet Vegan Foods launched The OG. Now, a secret ten-year recipe is available for everyone to enjoy!
Now Back To Abigails Scrumptious Veggie Soup, Perfect For The Winter
There is nothing like a good satisfying hot bowl of soup on a chilly winter evening. I am a total soup lover in the colder months. I love how it instantly warms my body and makes me feel so cozy. This far east soup recipe sounds divine, with all the right spices and flavors. Turmeric is so flavorful and so good for you, and a great ingredient for soups. I am looking forward to making this one for myself at home this season. I hope you too will consider giving it a try. The recipe is posted below for your convenience. And if you are looking for other perfect winter vegan meals to cook up, we have a ton to choose from, so be sure to check those out too. Until next time…keep cookin’!
FAR EAST VEGGIE SOUP
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- ½ cup The OG
- ¼ cup Amino Acids
- ¼ cup of flour of any kind
- 2 Tbs of Turmeric
- 2 Large Potatoes cut into big cubes
- 2 Carrots diced
- 2 Celery stocks diced
- 2 heirloom tomatoes diced
- 5-6 small florets of cauliflower or broccoli
- 1 small Onion
- 1 tsp diced garlic
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp of sugar any kind
- ½ tsp salt
- For The Topping:
- 1 tsp Kitehill tzatziki
- 1 tsp sauerkraut
- A drop of Chi Chi Peppers
- Use A Pressure Cooker
- Take your diced Garlic and put into the pressure cooker with The OG. Set the pressure cooker at Sautee.
- Add your veggie starting with the hardest to softest.
- Sautee the veggies for approximately 5-7min stirring constantly.
- Add the Amino Acids, Salt, Pepper, Sugar, Turmeric, and lastly the Almond Milk.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and stir for about 2 min until it is mixed well. Cover with lid and set your pressure cooker at 15min.
- When it’s finished cooking turn off and release the steam.
- Serve in a soup bowl with your toppings for a gourmet experience!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.