THIS VEGAN TURKEY TETRAZZINI IS SO CREAMY!
You won’t believe this recipe for “Turkey” Tettrazzini~it’s PLANT-BASED! Grab your spoon and bowl and let’s get cookin’ with our featured chef of the day and JaneUnChained News Contributor Tonia L Carrier Hicks, creator of Your Vegan Friend Tonia, indie filmmaker, and public speaker, making this delectable dish, perfect for everyday meals and most certainly for the holidays! Plan your ThanksLIVING meal early with this delicious dish!
MASTERMIND IN THE KITCHEN
Tonia is not only talented at veganizing any recipe, but she is also a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
TURKEY TETRAZZINI, VEGAN? BUT HOW
Yes, you can make Turkey Tetrazzini vegan, very easily. Just use a plant-based turkey meat alternative and vegan cheese. The recipe is below so you can see for yourself how simple it is to make this sinful meal. It is probably the most decadent thing Tonia has ever made! It’s SO DELICIOUS! It’s creamy, cheesy, and filling. It’s like a baked pasta dropped from heaven! Tonia’s husband sent her this recipe as the non-vegan version and it was so easy for her to veganize. Why? because you can make ANYTHING vegan!! Especially Chef Tonia!
OOEY GOOEY CHEESY EASY VEGAN TURKEY TETTRAZINI!
- 16 ounces dry spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 onion diced
- 5-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth reduced sodium
- 8 ounces spreadable vegan cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups plant based milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1.5 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups faux chicken or faux turkey “meat” in chunks-defrosted
- 2 cups vegan mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated vegan parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook spaghetti al dente according to package directions. Cook butter, onions and garlic over medium heat until softened. Add mushrooms and cook an additional 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and plant based milk all at once. Cook until thick & bubbly, let boil 1 minute. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add Italian seasonings, salt and pepper. Combine spaghetti, turkey, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and sauce. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan. Top with remaining mozzarella, cover and bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake an additional 10-15 minutes uncovered until hot & bubbly
YOU CAN MAKE ANYTHING VEGAN, EVEN TURKEY TETRAZZINI!
It’s true! Pretty much anything can be veganized and this super creamy and cheesy usually meat-based dish proves just that. It has been totally veganized in by no means does it lack in taste, texture, or flavor. So go ahead and give it a try. If you do, be sure to take a photo of your finished product and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. If you are looking for more easy vegan recipes to cook up, stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.