EGGPLANT MEATBALLS AND SPAGHETTI!
This is no ordinary spaghetti! Today’s #LunchBreakLIVE recipe is for a homemade spaghetti sauce with eggplant meatballs! Plant-Based Nutrition Coach, Danni Gaulden, creator of DAM Good Vegan and founder of The Vegan Skillet, makes this delicious meal for us. The recipe is 100% plant-based, gluten-free, oil-free, and low sodium. Let’s see how to make this masterpiece.
MAGICIAN IN THE KITCHEN, AND SO MUCH MORE!
Danni Gaulden, the founder of The Vegan Skillet, is a Plant-Based Nutrition Coach dedicated to inspiring and encouraging individuals to choose healthy vegan options to improve their health and overall well-being. She provides guidance on the principles of plant-based nutrition while introducing fun and easy ways to incorporate healthier options into their already busy lifestyle. When you work with her, you will be empowered and equipped with all the knowledge and tools you need to make healthier choices every day.
After transitioning to a plant-based diet in 2014, she maintained a 65lb weight loss, healed her body of IBS, and received countless more benefits by changing her diet. She became passionate about cooking and veganizing her favorite foods. This turned into her creating The Vegan Skillet to show others how to prepare healthy, plant-based meals that are also gluten-free, oil-free, refined sugar-free, and low sodium that still is packed with the flavor and fun we love about food.
The Vegan Skillet promotes eating a plant-based diet as the best way to optimal health and wellness. We offer online courses to help our students become empowered to navigate in a world that doesn’t always make healthy, nutritious options convenient and accessible, and support you through our membership site that gives you access to 100+ plant-based recipes PLUS grocery & shopping lists, instructional cooking videos, nutrition education courses, and weekly live cooking classes! For more information visit TheVeganSkillet.com!
LET’S MAKE SOME SPAGHETTI WITH EGGPLANT MEATBALLS
Served over a homemade spaghetti sauce and chickpea noodles, these Eggplant “meatballs” are made with roasted eggplant then blended with spices and herbs to create a tasty dish full of savory flavor that will make you ask for more! This recipe is 100% plant-based, gluten-free, oil-free, and low sodium. It is so flavorful, super filling, and totally healthy.
Eggplant Meatballs and Spaghetti
- 1 Eggplant large
- 1 cup Oats
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 2 Flax eggs
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Basil minced
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- Wash and cut eggplant in half and place on a baking sheet, skin side up
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Once it's done, set aside and let it cool.
- Now prepare your flax egg by combining flax seeds and water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Once the eggplant is cooled, remove skin by scooping out the flesh of the eggplant into a food processor or blender.
- Process until eggplant is a puree.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggplant puree, oats, almond flour, nutritional yeast, flax eggs, basil, and spices. Mix well until fully combined.
- Place in fridge for about 20 minutes to allow for the oats to absorb the liquid.
- Remove the mixture from the fridge and make balls using your hand.
- Place on a baking sheet or air fryer tray.
- Air fry on 350°F for 20 minutes
- Bake in oven on 350°F for 30 minutes
- Add your eggplant meatballs to our homemade spaghetti sauce and serve over gluten free noodles.
TRANSFORM BORING SPAGHETTI AND MEATBALLS INTO SOMETHING SPECTACULAR
This recipe transforms traditional, boring, and cruel spaghetti and meatballs into something healthy and bursting with flavor. Give these eggplant meatballs and spaghetti a try, you won’t be disappointed. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS. Interested in other easy plant-based recipes to try? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.