Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. It’s Simple!
Chocolate chip pumpkin bread has never been easier! This comforting and easy-to-make recipe is shared on #LunchBreakLIVE with global food activist and vegan Chef Kelly Kerr, known as The VeganAbler. She baked this savory, homemade, delicious plant-based loaf for us and it looks delicious! This bread is a perfect snack to have around the house in the Fall and Winter months. Let’s take a look at how it’s done…
THE VEGANABLER COLLECTIVE
Guest Chef Kelly Kerr, aka The VeganAbler, is a plant-based chef and vegan facilitator, supporting those on their plant-based journey! She is a lifestyle coach, offering various services, from shopping support to virtual cooking classes, to families and businesses. Kelly is the founder of The VeganAbler Collective, a network of food solutionaries, connecting chefs, coaches, and businesses worldwide.
If You Love Pumpkin Bread You Will Love This Recipe
Kelly is a great Chef and knows how to make a good vegan version of all your favorites, pumpkin bread included! This is a pretty easy recipe to throw together, so go ahead and give it a try. The delicious Fall pumpkin smells will fill your home with amazing aromas while it bakes to perfection in the oven. The loaf is kid-approved as well, so everyone in the home will enjoy this treat (I am sure the chocolate chips help attract the kiddos).
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Loaf
- 2 cups flour all-purpose or sub with spelt, GF, or any other flour you like to use
- ½-3/4 cup sweetener this recipe used organic cane sugar, but you can substitute with coconut, brown, or maple syrup - start with 1/2 cup & taste to adjust to your liking
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 1/2 tsp each cinnamon & nutmeg and ½ tsp each ginger & allspice and a pinch of clove
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup plant milk at room temp or can sub water (but reduces overall flavour)
- ⅓ cup neutral flavored oil canola, vegetable, or sunflower or sub with applesauce for an oil free version
- 1 can 15 oz pumpkin puree or 1 ½ cups fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups vegan chocolate chips save 1/4-1/2 cup for the top - I recommend a high quality brand that’s fair trade
- optional: add 1-2 tsp ground flax seeds to the dried ingredients for added nutrition!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease loaf pan or line with parchment paper
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt
- In a small bowl, add oil, sugar, milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture along with the pumpkin puree and mix well (however do not over mix, just make sure the flour is incorporated)
- Taste batter, adjusting flavor or sweetness to your liking
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips & mix lightly to incorporate
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips, place in oven on a centre rack and bake for 60-70 minutes, checking at the 45 minute mark & bake further in 10 minute increments until done
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool 30-45 minutes
- Cut into slices and serve!
Makes 6-8 slices Wrap in plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or put in a container to keep fresh. Should last 2 – 3 days. Warm in a microwave or toaster oven.
Thanks For Stopping By
We appreciate you stopping by for lunch and hope you enjoyed this delicious and sweet pumpkin bread recipe. If you give it a try, be sure to take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for more easy plant-based recipes to try? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.