Vegan Stuffed Cabbage That is Actually Unstuffed!
Unstuffed Cabbage! What the heck is that? This is a vegan stuffed cabbage made easy because it is unstuffed. This recipe is savory, healthy, and really simple to make! Tonia L. Hicks joins us for this fast and delicious dish using Impossible Foods ground which makes anything delicious. Let’s take a look at how it’s done…
A Veganizing Queen
We love it when Tonia joins us in the kitchen. Her recipes are always so unique and flavorful, but super simple. Tonia is not only talented at veganizing any recipe, but she is also a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on UnChainedTV. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Choosing Vegan Stuffed Cabbage Vs Unstuffed
Why choose unstuffed cabbage over vegan stuffed cabbage? Well for one, it is way easier and faster to make! As you can see in Tonia’s how-to video above, this recipe can be made in a flash, but still has all the flavors and textures you expect with stuffed cabbage.
This recipe came from Tonia’s sister, Starla. She’s been kind enough to share it with Tonia over the years, and since Tonia loves it so much, she was sure UnChaintedTV’s audience would also love it. So go ahead and give it a try! It is also one of those recipes that you can keep in the fridge for a few days and enjoy as leftovers.
- 12-14 oz meatless crumbles I used 12oz. of Impossible Meat but use your favorite!
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable bouillon I used Better Than Bouillon
- 2 14 oz cans of Italian Style diced tomatoes
- 6 C or more of cabbage cut into 1-2" pieces
- 1 C cooked rice
- Cook onion in a large, deep pan. You can easily avoid using oil with this recipe by only cooking in water. When onion is nearly finished cooking add the meatless crumbles. You can cook this on high. As that is cooking add the onion powder, garlic powder, bouillon and the two cans of tomatoes WITHOUT draining. Next, add the cabbage and give it a little stir throughout. Turn the heat to medium and cover. Stir approx. every 10 minutes. After about 20 minutes add in the cooked rice. This will be finished cooking in approx 50-60 minutes. It's done when the cabbage is cooked to the level you like.
- It keeps well for a couple of days in the fridge and reheats in the microwave!
Thanks For Stopping By For Some Vegan Stuffed Cabbage Turned Inside Out!
Another fun and simple recipe by the one and only Tonia L. Hicks! She is the best at veganizing any recipe. I hope you give this dish a try and let us know how much you loved it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other simple plant-based recipes to try? Hop on over to our recipe page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.