Thai Curry Soup, The Uncooked Way
Santa Monica, Ca, November 22, 2022, 2:00 pm
Welcome to The UnCooking Show starring Elegantly Raw Doreet, a mastermind in the raw food lifestyle. The Uncooking Show is a new series on UnChainedTV so be sure to download the APP and check it out. It is full of all kinds of healthy ways to create beautiful meals, without actually cooking! In the first episode of the UnCooking Show, Doreet made a delicious, colorful Thai Curry Soup, bursting with nutrients. With raw food, all the nutrients are contained perfectly. Incorporating raw foods, like fruits and veggies into your diet can have many health benefits. A predominantly raw food lifestyle can give you better energy, more nutrients, and improved digestion, among other benefits. So come with us on this delightful raw food journey with Doreet!
WATCH EPISODE ONE OF THE
UNCOOKING SHOW BY CLICKING HERE
Who is Chef Doreet?
Adding variety to her work as a Certified Living Foods Chef, Doreet is an educator for Dr. Deepak Chopra’s work and a Certified Movement Analyst/Therapist.
In order to bring high vibrational energy and healing foods to the forefront, Doreet created the Elegantly Raw Show & The NEW UNcooking Show on UnChainedTV. She also encourages the message of Conscious Eating through her recipe books, Celebrating Our Raw Nature Edition One, and Celebrating Our Raw Nature, Edition Two.
Doreet has worked with many well-known personalities such as Donna Karan, Yoko Ono, Andy Dick, Marla Gibbs & Tennis Pro Serena Williams, to name a few. To learn more about Doreet and the Raw Food Lifestyle, visit her website.
Let’s Cook, or Not Cook, Thai Curry Soup
The key to this recipe is all the healthy herbs and spices used to create a burst of flavor in this dish. Doreet uses such spices and herbs as Turmeric, Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Brown Mustard Seeds, Ginger, Fenugreek, Ajwain, Peppermint, Dried Lemongrass, and more! Carrot juice is used as the base for the soup. It is full of an abundance of nutrients and the end result of this Thai Curry Soup is a creamy, colorful bowl of health and flavor! You must give it a try!
THAI CURRY SOUP by Chef Doreet of The UNCOOKING Show
- 3-4 glasses freshly made Carrot Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger Juice or more to your taste
- SPICES: dried & grind in a Mortar & Pestle beforehand
- Turmeric if using fresh turmeric just add half a thumb of this potent root to blender
- Coriander Seeds
- Cumin Seeds
- Brown Mustard Seeds
- Dried Ginger optional
- Himalayan Pink Salt optional
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper or more to your taste
- Peppermint must be fresh
- Dried or fresh Lemongrass
- Kaffir Lime Leaves dried or fresh
- FLAVOURING: extra
- Coconut Aminos just a few drops
- Thai Curry Leaves Dried 6-8 leaves or more as per your taste
- Dulse Sea Weed ground ( instead of fish Stock) as per your taste
- Ground Cardamon a splash
- Oregano FRESH Remove the leaves from teh stems and add as much as you wish
- Raw Coconut Butter one heaping Tablespoon
- FRUITS & VEGETABLES:
- 15-25 Cherry Tomatoes optional
- Pepper Jalapeno, Serrano, Haenero.etc**
- Cilantro remove the leaves to garnish and place all the stems on the blender to blend again just before serving
- Chinese Cabbage one large head
- Baby Bok Choy 3-4
- Kelp Noodles Soak first, rinse& cut in 2
- Avocado one large
- First make the ginger juice in a Juicer, and then juice enough carrots to make 3-4 glasses
- Grind all the spices & dried herbs in a mortar and pestle
- Liquid Base for the Soup:
- In a powerful Blender, mix the Carrot juice with the ginger juice and add the garlic & Blend.
- Place all the ground spices in the blender and mix in well. (Mix less first, then add more after tasting),
- Next place all the fresh herbs and blend.
- Then mix in all the ingredients listed above under FLAVOURINGS . Lastly add the Raw Coconut Butter ( MUST be raw) , Place this Soup base aside and start preparing the fruits & vegetables to place in the soup tureen or in individual bowls.
- Chop the tomatoes in half and place them in a Soup Tureen or serving bowl. Chop the Chinese Cabbage. Then chop the baby bok choy in small bite size pieces .Be sure to chop all the leaves & add them.
- Cut the kelp noodles in half, separate them and add them to the soup tureen or to individual bowls along with the tomatoes, chinese cabbage, the boy choy and the cilantro leaves.
- Mix the soup base in the blender once more and slowly and deliberately pour this over the tomatoes, the kelp noodles and Asian vegetables in the Soup Tureen or bowls.
- Serve as is or allow this Uncooked, Thai Curry soup to marinate for 2-5 hours before serving at room temperature If you prefer to enjoy this as a warm soup, and you have a very powerful blender, then blend the Soup Base for as long as you wish until you achieve the desired temperature. before pouring it over the ingredients in the tureen or bowl.
Thanks For Joining Us For Some UnCooked Thai Curry Soup!
This was such a fun and colorful first episode of the UnCooking Show. I didn’t realize you could enjoy Thai Curry Soup raw! That is just amazing, and the ingredients used in this soup make it a powerful nutritional dish. Go ahead and give it a try and let us know how much you loved it! Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other simple plant-based recipes (raw or cooked) to try? Hop on over to our recipe page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.