RECIPE: Vegan LPGA Golf Legend Deborah Vidal’s Mock Tuno Salad
- 1 cup of nuts soaked: sunflower seeds, almonds and 4-5 brazil nuts. (I use a combo of 3/4 sunflower seeds 1/4 almonds & 4-5 brazil nuts.) Soak for a few hours.
- 2 Tbsp of organic sweet pickle relish
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 c organic vegan mayo (Vegenaise – Follow Your Heart) or mashed avocado (if
- you want it oil free)
- salt & pepper to taste
- After you have soaked the nuts – rinse them & put in food processor.
- Process into small mealy size granules not paste!
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl
- Add vegan mayo, sweet pickles chopped up or pickle relish, and chopped onions
- Add salt & lots of pepper!
Deborah Vidal’s Seedless Minted Watermelon Summer Surprise
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 5 – 6 sprigs of organic fresh mint
- 1 – 2 Tbsp rosewater
- Place ingredients into a blender for 1 minute
Some of the Ingredients for Deborah’s Mock Tuno Salad
Deborah’s Mock Tuno Salad with Fresh Berries and Vegan Vanilla Yogurt (So Delicious)
Deborah’s Mock Tuno Salad
Deborah Vidal with Mock Tuno Salad and Berries
What's Your Reaction?
Jane Velez-Mitchell is an award-winning TV journalist and New York Times best-selling author. She is the founder of UnchainedTV and the host of several shows on the network.