Watermelon Gazpacho is an easy yet impressive dish. Serve it as a first course and you’ll hear lots of ooh’s and ahh’s!
Watermelon Gazpacho from 40-Year-Old Vegan
- ½ t. jalapeno, seeds removed
- 3 c. watermelon (dice one cup in ¼ inch cubes)
- 1 c. cucumber (peel ½ cup and mince ½ one cup))
- ½ c. pineapple
- ½ c. heirloom tomatoes, minced
- 2 T. lime juice plus zest of 1 lime
- 1 T. minced red onion
- 1 T. minced parsley
- 1 t. minced tarragon
- Large pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 4 small triangular wedges of watermelon
- In blender, mix jalapeno, 2 c. watermelon, the peeled cucumber and the pineapple until fully blended. Pour into a strainer over a mixing bowl and use a spoon to extract all the juice – discard any solids.
- To the watermelon mixture, add the diced tomatoes, lime juice and zest, red onion, parsley, tarragon and mix thoroughly. Let sit in fridge until fully chilled, at least two hours.
- Serve in chilled bowls garnished with ¼ lime and wedge of water melon.
What's Your Reaction?