Have you discovered the ease of sheet pan cooking yet? Learn how to up-level your nachos into a meal with a few batch cooked ingredients. Stephanie Dryer joins us with her Chipotle Black Bean Sheet Pan Nachos.
Stephanie Dreyer is a plant-based meal planning expert and the founder of Batch Cooking Club, a weekly vegan meal planning membership that makes mealtime easier. She is also the award-winning children’s book author of Not A Nugget and Not A Purse.
If you are interested in simplifying your cooking routine, you should definitely check out Stephanie’s Batch Cooking Club! She is a magician when it comes to making cooking easy, not a chore.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Batch Cooking Club.
Chipotle Black Bean Sheet Pan Nachos
- 8- oz tortilla chips
- 1 batch Chipotle Black Beans recipe below
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 2 avocados chopped
- 4 radishes thinly sliced
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 6 baby bell peppers thinly sliced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup scallions sliced thinly
- 1 batch Chipotle Lime Crema recipe below
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread a single layer of half of the tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet. Distribute half of the Chipotle Black Beans evenly over the chips. Top with half of the tomato, avocado, radishes, red onion and baby bell peppers.
- Repeat a second layer with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with the cilantro and scallions. Drizzle with the Chipotle Lime Crema. Serve immediately.
Chipotle Black Beans
- 2 15 oz cans black beans drained
- 1 cup chipotle salsa or your favorite variety
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a large saucepan, combine the beans, salsa, cumin, garlic powder and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook covered for 45 minutes until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
Chipotle Lime Crema
- ½ cup vegan sour cream
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 chile in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.