Join Will Manderscheid on this episode of #LunchBreakLIVE for some serious cauliflower wings that will rock your world. Cauliflower wings are a must in any vegan diet. They are so delicious and tasty, dripping in dipping sauce to top off the flavor! A little spicy for that kick you’ve been looking for!
Will Manderscheid is an ethical vegan since November 1st, 2017. Born 1985 in Santa Monica, California, he has been an insurance agent for 16 years and has also worked in the Tech and Audio/Visual industries. Before being vegan, he began to learn about all of the wrongdoings in the animal agriculture industry and wanted to make a change. Beyond the treatment of animals, he began to see how veganism teaches us to respect all life and how important it is that we apply these teachings to not just animals, but each other. Since becoming vegan, he has dedicated his life to working with non-profits, and sharing what he has learned with others and helping them adopt more compassionate and ethical values. He enjoys his time traveling, finding new adventures, working in his music studio, and visiting sanctuaries.
Let’s have a social distance wings party with these amazing plant-based cauliflower wings that are sure to impress all your friends and family. If ever I go to a restaurant that has cauliflower wings on the menu, they are a MUST ORDER. That is how much I love them. So I am super excited to have a recipe that I can use to make them at home, especially during this time when we should be staying home as much as possible due to the Coronavirus Pandemic! So stay safe. Stay home. And make some cauliflower wings!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cups of panko flakes
- 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup vegan milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt / Pepper / Garlic Powder / Smoked Paprika
- Choice of wing sauce
- It is best to carve out the heart from underneath and release the individual pieces as you cut into the center
- Make sure you have pieces around an inch in diameter or so
- Set aside for coating
- Add 3/4 all-purpose flour to a bowl
- Add a tablespoon of salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Pour in 1/2 cup water and 1/2 vegan milk and whisk until all lumps are removed
- Add two cups of panko flakes to a bowl [you can add more if needed depending on how much cauliflower you have]
- Add one tablespoon of paprika
- Take a baking sheet and add wax paper to cover
- Take each piece of cut/trimmed cauliflower and first dip in the batter with tongs, remove and dip in the panko flakes
- After coated with panko, begin to add to the baking sheet
- Note – You may hold the wing over the batter and let any excess batter fall
- Pre-heat oven to 450
- Add cauliflower wings and bake for about 30-40 minutes
- Note – You will want to see the panko flakes turning brown over 80% of the wings before you pull them out. This is anywhere between light to medium brown
- Transfer wings carefully to a bowl and as you add each layer of the cauliflower, drizzle your wing sauce over until the bowl is full
- Add the rest of the sauce evenly and use a wooden spoon to gently mix around the cauliflower wings
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.