LET’S MAKE VEGAN STUFFED PEPPERS
Erin Riley-Carrasco does it again with her amazing rainbow vegan stuffed peppers that will absolutely blow your mind. If you are looking for ways to bring color into your meals this recipe is perfect. Colorful, nutrient-rich, and oh so delicious!
WHY ARE THESE VEGAN STUFFED PEPPERS SPECIAL?
These Spectacular Stuffed Bell Peppers have a kick to them and are SOOO delicious! This recipe has a Mexican flare so Erin pairs the bell peppers with cilantro, vegan sour cream, and salsa as well as tortilla chips on the side for some crunch! The peppers are filled with a yummy black bean and corn mixture with lots of spices. The homemade Cheese Sauce sets off the flavor and turns these peppers into something really special. This is a super healthy meal that doesn’t lack flavor, so I hope you give it a try!
Vegan Rainbow Stuffed Peppers
- Cheesy Sauce:
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1 tbsp sliced fresh jalapeños
- Black Bean & Corn Filling:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion - chopped
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 can organic black beans
- 1 can corn
- 3 cups Basmati rice
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup avocados - chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup of avocados chopped
- vegan sour cream Erin used “Kharma”
- 6 fresh bell peppers red, orange, yellow, green
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cook Basmati Brown rice according to directions on package
- Make Cheesy Sauce by adding all ingredients into a Vitamix and blend thoroughly
- Cut the top off of the 6 bell peppers and save! Clean out each bell pepper. Cut off the stems of
- each bell pepper and then chop up the remaining tops of the peppers and put in a bowl.
- In a pan, add olive oil and garlic, cayenne pepper and cumin. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Then add in the black beans, corn, chopped tops of bell peppers as well as 1/2 of cilantro. Cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the Basmati brown rice and the cheesy sauce and thoroughly mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the bell peppers and then lightly spray or drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto peppers.
- Cook for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and then top with the remaining cilantro, chopped avocados and vegan sour cream.
- Place one bell pepper on a plate and add tortilla chips and a small dish of salsa on the side.
THANKS FOR JOINING US ON #SATURDAYSNACKDOWN FOR LUNCH
This was such a special episode with Chef Erin showing us how to make these amazing Latino-themed vegan stuffed peppers. Give them a try and let us know how you liked them. Take a photo of your finished peppers and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. If you are looking for other easy vegan recipes to try, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time….keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.