Curried Lentil Pilaf With A Twist!
Have you ever had curried lentil pilaf with dried tart cherries? What a twist right? Well, that is what we are having today on #LunchBreakLIVE with guest Chef Tracy Childs!
Are your carbs friend or foe? Today Tracy tackles that very question and talks about how you can easily be ready to create simple & yummy meals every day even on the busiest of weeks! Simple meal prep tips and routines can be a game-changer when times get crazy. Join Tracy Childs of Tracy’s REAL Foods & Veg-Appeal and an instructor with the physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine. She’ll show you her easy curried veggie pilaf with tart cherries.
Now let’s watch Tracy make lunch for us today!
Lentil Pilaf…Tasty And Healthy Vegan Carb Heaven.
I don’t know about you, but I am a carb lover. I love all carbs…but whole grains and beans are my favorites…oh yeah and popcorn. haha. So I am in love with this recipe and can’t wait to try it. As usual, I will provide the recipe below so you too can try it for yourself at home. And I sure hope you do! Lentils are super healthy and high in protein, ready to give you that big bang protein punch. And mixing in some tart cherries..wow, I bet that just adds the perfect flavoring to this dish. Can’t wait to try it.
Curried Lentil Pilaf
- vegetable broth or water as needed
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 medium/large ripe and juicy tomato chopped
- ½-1 cup chopped or sliced mushrooms
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 carrot chopped or grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon curry powder or to taste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2-3 teaspoons Bragg’s aminos or ¼ teaspoon salt or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked & drained brown or green lentils available canned or cook yourself- see below
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup tart dried cherries or dried cranberries
- In a heated dry skillet, add the onion and sauté a bit to brown, then add the tomato, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, and seasonings and stir well on high heat.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low and allow this mixture to cook/simmer until the carrots and onions are tender, adding a bit of water or broth to avoid burning.
- Uncover and fold in the lentils, rice, and quinoa adding vegetable broth to moisten and soften the grains as needed.
- Fold the cherries or cranberries, cover and heat the entire dish through, while softening the grains and infusing the flavor.
Thanks For Sharing Lunch With Me!
That was a delicious episode of #LunchBreakLIVE. Thanks so much for stopping by. If you are looking for more delicious vegan recipes, we have a ton for you to choose from, so please check them out. And don’t forget #LunchBreakLIVE has a new show every day LIVE at 12:30 pm PDT, so be sure to tune in for fabulous and creative vegan cooking on the daily! Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.