Garlic Vegan Mashed Potatoes Drenched in Gravy
Who doesn’t like a good batch of garlic vegan mashed potatoes topped with a creamy gravy? It is a staple side dish in America, and oh so delicious. Guest Chef Tonia Carrier joins us again to show us the easy and delicious way to make this well-known dish. It is the perfect side dish for all your Fall festivities.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes Are Just One Of Her Talents!
Tonia is a favorite guest of mine because she almost always cooks delicious yet easy recipes, which are my favorite kind of recipe. EASY!! But her talents don’t end in the kitchen. Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Let’s Get Cookin’!
It is time to check out how these garlic vegan mashed potatoes and gravy turned out. I can only imagine they are absolutely delicious! Can’t wait to make these on a cold fall evening, very soon. They don’t always have to be a side dish either, eat them as your main meal if you’d like too. You do YOU! The recipe is below so you can easily make this dish for yourself. And if you want more awesome vegan recipes to try, we have plenty available for you. So be sure to check those out too. I look forward to seeing you here again soon.. Until next time…get cookin’!
Vegan Garlic Mashed Potatoes with Mushroom Gravy
- 3 lbs of potatoes I used yellow
- 1.5 T minced garlic
- 1.5 T onion flakes
- 2 t Better Than Bouillon the vegan one of course
- 3/4 c unsweet unflavored plant-based milk
- For the gravy:
- 4 C. water
- extra 1/2 c water
- 2 T Better Than Bouillon vegan
- 1 t minced garlic
- 3/4 C all purpose or potato flour
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- Wash potatoes and cook on manual in instant pot (add 1.5C's water) for 12 minutes.
- Drain water from potatoes. Add minced garlic, onion flakes, bouillon and plant-based milk to the potatoes. Mash or stir if you like them chunkier.
- Directions for gravy:
- cook mushrooms in a pan with water. When they're done cooking drain water from them and let sit.
- Boil 4C's of water. Add bouillon. In a separate bowl whisk extra water into the flour to create a smooth mixture so there are no lumps.
- Add garlic. Whisk in the flour mixture, stirring the whole time. Add the mushrooms. Enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.