Winter Recipes Often Involve Squash, Which We Love!
Squash and all their variations are in many winter recipes. Luckily I LOVE squash! Any type of squash works for me. Today Tonia Carrier shows us how to make her delicious vegan stuffed acorn squash, using Beyond Meat sausages. These little squashes pack a powerful punch of flavor. I make them all the time in my air fryer, but I have never stuffed them before, so I look forward to seeing how it’s done. Let’s take a look…
Your Vegan Friend Tonia, The Chef That Works Magic In The Kitchen!
As usual, I am totally impressed with Tonia’s magic-making. She has some serious kitchen skills, but her talents go above and beyond just the kitchen! Tonia is a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is grateful to represent the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
Simple Winter Recipes Are The Best Kind!
Tonia’s recipe for her spectacular vegan stuffed acorn squash is a super simple winter recipe that you should definitely consider trying at home. Acorn squash is very low in calories, packed with flavor, and filled with a ton of nutrients. And they are so easy to cook, which is always a bonus. Stuffing the squash with Beyond Meat is a great idea, especially if you plan on sneaking this vegan meal into your non-vegan friend’s or family’s lunch or dinner. I bet they probably wouldn’t even notice the difference because Beyond Meat is so delicious and one of the many perfect meat alternatives available. So go ahead and feed it to the pre-vegans in your life. I am certain you will love the response.
Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash For Everyone!
Winter recipes are my favorite recipes. They are generally warm, comforting, and filling and taste like the holidays. The recipe Tonia shared with us is a perfect cold weather recipe in my opinion. Acorn squash is so healthy and so simple to cook up. I usually just bake them in the air fryer with a little oil spray, salt and chili powder. And they are so delicious just like that…I can’t even imagine how yummy they are stuffed with Beyond Meat! I am posting the recipe below so you too can cook them at home. And if you are looking for other delicious vegan recipes to make, we have plenty to choose from, so be sure to check those out. Until next time….keep cookin’!
Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 to 3 small to medium acorn squash
- ½ chopped large onion or 1 small onion
- ½ chopped green pepper
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 C grain of your choice I used a combo of brown and other varieties of rice
- 2 Beyond Sausages
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/2 t Mrs. Dash spice blend
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- A few dashes of cayenne pepper optional!
- Cut the squash in half and clean the seeds out. Add a teeny bit of oil, salt, and pepper and cooked face down at 350 for 30 minutes.
- WhiIe the squash is in the oven cook the chopped onion and chopped green pepper with salt, pepper, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash, and cayenne if you’d like that. Then add the Beyond Meat sausages. Break the sausages up until there are finely broken. Cook sausages until they have a bit of a “grilled” texture.
- Add the grains and tomatoes and stir over heat until warm. After the squash is done take it out of the oven, flip over, stuff with the mixture, and put it back in over for 10 minutes at 350.
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.