VEGAN PASTA RECIPE: BROCOLLI PESTO PENNE
It’s time to make a vegan pasta recipe that is so simple and so flavorful you will definitely come back for seconds. This Broccoli Pesto Penne is made in 4 simple steps, is super healthy, and scores high on the taste chart. Our vegan gluten-free guest Chef Jerry Weil, shows us how to cook up this masterpiece. Let’s take a look at how it is done.
ACTOR, VISUAL EFFECTS ARTIST, AND VEGAN/GLUTEN-FREE CHEF
Jerry Weil is a Los Angeles-based actor, visual effects artist, and vegan/gluten-free chef. As an actor, he has been seen on the shows “Without A Trace,” “C.S.I,” and “Elemental” for National Geographic. He is a long-time member of Neo Ensemble Theatre and performs monthly in their live zoom festivals as well as assorted other productions (check www.neoensembletheatre.org for upcoming shows). As a digital artist, his work has appeared in over 60 films, television shows, and theme park attractions; Los Angeles residents and visitors will probably have seen much of his work as part of the long-running Griffith Observatory planetarium show, “Centered in the Universe.” He has written two cookbooks available on Amazon called “Just Desserts,” which is gluten and dairy-free, and “Not Just Desserts”, which is vegan and gluten-free, and he has a cooking channel on Youtube (Cooking With Jerry) where he whips up vegan and gluten-free courses.
BROCCOLI PESTO PENNE VEGAN PASTA RECIPE FIT FOR ALL
This tasty vegan pasta recipe is created with a plant-based creamy pesto sauce made from broccoli, walnuts, vegan cheese, garlic, oil, and coconut milk. The flavor is outstanding and the creaminess is off the charts. This recipe is truly simple to make, and popular with anyone who tries it. I bet it will become one of your go-to pasta dishes, so go ahead and whip this dish up.
Broccoli Pesto Penne
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 6 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk beverage or other non flavored vegan milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups gluten-free penne 1 8 oz box
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a food processor, combine the broccoli, walnuts, cheese, garlic, and oil. Grind until smooth.
- In a large saucepan, melt the Earth Balance over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Sauté for about 2
- minutes then add the chopped pepper; cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the ground pesto and coconut milk, salt and pepper, mix, and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, and toss with the pesto sauce. Sprinkle extra cheese and parsley on top. Serves 4
THANKS FOR SWINGING BY FOR LUNCH
It is always great to discover a new simple and tasty vegan pasta recipe, and this Broccoli Pesto Penne is awesome. If you decide to try and make this for yourself at home, be sure to take a photo of your dish and tag @JaneUnChained on Instagram. Let us know how you liked it. If you are looking for other plant-based recipes to try visit the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.