THIS IS NO ORDINARY VEGAN CAESAR SALAD!
We are revealing the BEST vegan Caesar Salad on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE. This crispy chopped salad comes with homemade croutons and creamy dressing created by our featured chef Meredith Marin. Don’t buy a pre-made salad mix from the grocery store, make your own fresh one at home! Let’s see how it’s done…
YOUR PRO VEGAN LEADER FOR ALL YOUR HOSPITALITY NEEDS
Meredith Marin is the Founder & CEO of Vegan Hospitality, the industry leader for vegan-friendly hospitality consulting, coaching, and certification worldwide. Her hospitality and tourism consulting began in the Caribbean, where she worked with restaurants, hotels, food service businesses, and chefs to boost their businesses by attracting and serving vegan guests. In 2019, Aruba was recognized as the most vegan-friendly island in the Caribbean, attracting guests specifically for their vegan culinary scene.
Meredith’s expertise has been featured numerous times in the media including Menu International Magazine, Happy Cow, Destination Magazine, Plant-Based News, and Vegan FTA’s Activist Series.
Meredith’s current focus is training and certifying vegans worldwide to consult within their own communities. She also is interested in large-scale strategic projects that help hospitality groups streamline their F&B and guest services for vegan guests.
Meredith lives in South Florida with her husband and daughter (yes, her family is vegan too!). Her master’s degree in social work and professional background in community nutrition and healthy cooking is what led her toward her mission to help the Hospitality Industry transition into the next era of guest services to meet the increasing demand for plant-based cuisine.
For more about Vegan Hospitality, visit www.veganhospitality.com
For more restaurant-quality recipes, here is Meredith’s free ebook: http://veganaruba.com/index.php/download/vegan-aruba-e-book/
LET’S EAT. VEGAN CASAR SALAD TIME!
This vegan Caesar Salad is made with crispy chopped romaine hearts topped with fresh baked homemade croutons, vegan parmesan, and creamy from-scratch caesar dressing. It is such a refreshing and flavorful meal full of healthy ingredients. It is the perfect salad for the hot summer days, so mix one up and eat it outside in the sunshine this summer! Make a big batch for friends or family, they will love it!
Vegan Caesar Salad
- 1 Romaine heart
- 10-12 large vegan croutons equivalent of one slice of bread
- 2 Tbsp vegan parmesan Recommended Brand: Follow Your Heart
- Generous drizzle of vegan caesar dressing
- Vegan Caesar Dressing:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp tamari
- 3 tsp caper juice
- Fresh Croutons:
- 1 slice Vegan bread Recommended: Sourdough
- Heavy drizzle of olive oil to coat the bread
- Generous sprinkle of Sea salt
- Generous sprinkle of Garlic powder
- Generous sprinkle of Nutritional yeast more than you think you need...pour it on!
- Steps for salad:
- Chop, rinse, and dry romaine lettuce and add to a bowl
- Make croutons (see below)
- Make dressing (see below)
- Add to salad bowl: croutons, vegan parmesan, and drizzle of your desired amount of dressing
- Optional: Sprinkle cracked black pepper on top
- Step for dressing:
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend
- Steps for croutons:
- Chop bread into large cubes
- Toss in a bowl with a heavy drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and coat with a sprinkling of sea salt, garlic powder, and nutritional yeast until all cubes are coated
- Preferred cooking method: Air Fry at 400F for 4 minutes
- If you don’t have an air fryer: Bake in the oven at 400F for about 15 minutes (or until brown and toasty) OR toss in a pan until all sides are browned.
SALAD FOR LUNCH IS ALWAYS A GOOD CHOICE
A delicious salad is always a good choice for lunch, so why not try this yummy vegan Caesar salad? If you decide to mix this one up, be sure to take a photo of your finished product and tag @JaneUnChainedNEWS on Instagram. If you are looking for other delicious vegan recipes to try, stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page, we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.