JUST EGG RECIPES: WE HAVE AN EGG CASSEROLE FIT FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Scrambling for delicious JUST Egg recipes? Try this Breakfast Casserole, it’s awesome! Using Impossible Foods Just Egg and other tasty ingredients, today’s featured guest Tonia L. Carrier Hicks AKA, Your Vegan Friend Tonia, creates this savory meal for us on #LunchBreakLIVE. Let’s take a look at how the whole thing comes together…
HER FLAVORS ARE THE ABSOLUTE BEST
Tonia is not only talented at veganizing any recipe, but she is also a hairstylist and indie filmmaker from Michigan who has been doing vegan activism since 2018. She is a powerful contributor representing the Midwest on the JaneUnchained News Network. And we love having her! Tonia has a YouTube channel called Your Vegan Friend Tonia that you should definitely check out. It is fresh and fun and filled with lots of delicious recipes, and other great videos about veganism and the vegan lifestyle. From recipes to interviews, and visits to animal sanctuaries, you can find it all on Tonia’s YouTube channel.
HAVE YOU TRIED ANY JUST EGG RECIPES?
If you have yet to try a Just Egg recipe, this is a good one to start with because it’s so easy to make and is incredibly tasty. It is also a great dish to serve to your non-vegan friends or family because their minds will be blown, likely having a difficult time believing the meal was 100% plant-based. Tonia uses delicious ad-ins like Impossible Sausage, Potatoes, Spinach, Mushrooms, and more. This casserole can be eaten any time of the day because, in my opinion, breakfast is the best lunch or dinner!
Just Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 1 bag of frozen shredded potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp oil if you'd like!
- 1/4 tsp black pepper and salt
- 1/2 package of Impossible Sausage
- 1 bottle of Just Egg
- 2-3 C of fresh spinach
- 3/4 C chopped onion
- 1-2 C shredded vegan cheese
- 2 C fresh sliced mushrooms
- Add oil to a hot fry pan and cook shredded potatoes with salt and pepper until they are starting to get crisp. Spray bottom of a 9 x 9" casserole dish. Pack cooked potatoes in the bottom. In fry pan cook onions and mushrooms in water until almost fully cooked. Add the Impossible sausage and cook until sausage is done. Add fresh spinach to the mix and cook for approx 3 minutes until spinach starts to get soft. Add about 1/2C Just egg over the top of potatoes. Add about 1/2 of sausage, mushroom and onion mixture on top of potatoes/Just egg. Top with 1/2 of the cheese. Add a little more of the Just egg. Put the remaining sausage/mushroom mixture on top. Add the rest of the Just Egg and top with the rest of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. It will thicken a little after coming out of the oven. If you'd like, top with cooked peppers, fresh tomato or avocado! Enjoy!
BREAKFAST FOR LUNCH
I am a huge fan of breakfast for any meal. It is by far the best kind of food in my opinion. And Just Egg is on the top of my list, after pancakes…ha ha. Give this casserole a try and let us know how you and the family liked it. Take a photo of your finished product and tag @JaneUnChainedNews on Instagram. Interested in other easy plant-based recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.