Kale And White Bean Salad Made With Love
Nearly effortless White Bean Kale Salad you will love! Perfect for lunch or anytime, join vegan Chef Tracy Childs on #LunchBreakLIVE while she shows us how to make her favorite kale salad! Chock full of goodness and zero guilt, made from whole foods! Tracy, the co-founder, and director of Tracy’s REAL Foods, Veg-Appeal, and PlantDiego, is changing thousands of people’s palates with her tasty food products, nationally! Let’s take a look at how to throw together this simple, healthy, and flavorful meal.
A WEALTH OF HEALTH AND KNOWLEDGE
Tracy is a super passionate healthy food advocate who fully embraced a plant-based lifestyle after first becoming vegetarian as a teen, then vegan as a young adult. She’s dedicated to spreading the message of how plants & lifestyle choices can heal the planet, protect animals and help us avoid needless suffering from lifestyle-related diseases.
She is co-founder, chef, and director of Tracy’s Real Foods a whole-foods, plant-based company that ships healthy Goodies nationwide. She’s a certified Nutritional Consultant and holds a Certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell. Tracy has also taught nutrition and cooking for over a decade as a Food for Life Instructor, certified with the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine. As the Founder and Director of Veg-Appeal in San Diego, she offers healthy cooking classes, corporate wellness, individual & cooking lessons, store tours & personal health coaching. Tracy is also the Founder and Director of PlantDiego, a San Diego-based nonprofit “PlantPure Pod” inspired by the movie PlantPure Nation to educate and support people in living a healthy, whole-food, plant-based lifestyle. She loves sharing healthy food tips so much she’s a frequent contributor, filming live cooking demos for #LunchBreakLive on Facebook with the Jane Unchained News Network. In addition, Tracy is a cookbook contributor! She contributed over 100 recipes for the book by —David Kater: Handbook to Higher Health Consciousness and has a new one coming out this fall by Glen Mercer called “Food is Climate.”
Bring On Health With This Kale And White Bean Salad
This is a delicious rendition of the famous Erewhon Kale Salad popularized on YouTube and TikTok! Luckily, it’s very easy to put together and also very versatile! The trick is massaging to tenderize the kale then go for it! Create a masterpiece with one of the world’s most nutritious foods. Make a tweak here and there to make it your own, or follow along with Tracy’s style. Either way, you will have a mouth full of flavor in every bite.
White Bean Kale Salad
- Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple or date syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 bunch kale washed, chopped, massaged a squeeze of lemon
- 1 cup white beans great northern or cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- Marinated Red Onions to taste Recipe below
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds sprinkled on top
- Marinated Red Onions:
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- apple cider or white vinegar
- To make the dressing, whisk together the ingredients.
- Add the kale into a large bowl, add the avocado and a squeeze or lemon and with clean hands, massage well to soften.
- Add the other ingredients then toss with the vinaigrette.
- Marinated red onions:
- Place the onions in a small bowl and pour apple cider vinegar and water to cover, about ½ and ½, or whatever ratio you like. Allow this mix to marinate for at least 10 minutes. Store covered in the refrigerator and use in salads, buddha bowls, tacos, you name it!
Sometimes We Want An Extra Healthy Lunch
Sometimes we want a super tasty, perhaps a little less healthy lunch, and sometimes we want to ride the healthy train. This Kale and White Bean Salad has a seat on the healthy train. It is so easy to make and really quite tasty so go ahead and give it a try. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other easy vegan recipes to try? Hop on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.