Vegan Pesto Pasta, Simple and Delicious
Ever made vegan pesto pasta with Miyoko’s new bottled mozzarella cheese? Bounce into our #LunchBreakLIVE kitchen with this vegan power couple, DJs and media creators Jezzy B & DJ Mike Sincere, known as Plant-based Amor. Together they show us how to make this incredible pasta dish, banging with flavors and textures you are sure to love.
THE DJ AND CHEF DUO
Jezzy and Mike (@Plantbasedamor) are a GF Vegan Couple based in Los Angeles who are Vegan Foodies by day and DJs by night. They have a passion for spreading awareness about veganism in their own creative way. Their goal is to build a platform where they can help inspire current & future generations to adopt a cruelty-free lifestyle because they believe it all starts with what we put on our plates, so that’s where Jezzy and Mike’s recipes & foodie adventures come into play. By cooking up their recipes or choosing to eat at the best vegan spots, they are lowering their environmental impact, saving the lives of animals, and becoming healthier than ever. And that’s what this duo wants to show the world.
Vegan Pesto Pasta Is A No-Hassle Meal
This is a very unique twist on pesto pasta. Jezzy B and DJ Mike use jackfruit, BBQ sauce, mozzarella plant-based cheese, among other ingredients you may not initially think of putting together. However, the outcome is banging with flavor! This is a perfect recipe for family dinner night, as it is pretty simple to prepare, and is likely to be loved by all.
Cheesy Vegan Pesto Pasta
- Cooked gluten free brown rice penne pasta
- Trader Joe’s Vegan Kale, Cashew, & Basil Pesto
- Miyoko’s Liquid mozzarella pizza cheese
- Trader Joe’s can of drained JackFruit
- Trader Joe’s Kansas City BBQ sauce
- 1 cup of sliced crimini mushrooms
- ½ cup of pre cooked zucchini slices
- Trader Joe’s 21 seasonings
- Nutritional Yeast
- Place your drained jackfruit in a bowl and pour a ¼ cup of TJ’s Kansas City BBQ sauce and mash with a potato masher the jackfruit and the sauce.
- Once all jackfruit pods are flattened and bbq sauce is evenly distributed, place on a sheet of parchment paper on a rack and air fry for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. ( if you don’t have an air fryer, bake for 30 minutes at 350 in an oven.
- While the jackfruit is cooking, saute your sliced mushrooms with a teaspoon of TJ’s vegan pesto on medium heat in a saucepan for 2 minutes.
- Lower the flame to low, and add in your pre cooked zucchini slices (For these I air fried them a day earlier with TJ’s 21 Seasoning for 8 minutes at 375).
- Add in your pasta and 2 tablespoons more of TJ’s vegan pesto and mix ingredients together.
- Pour ¼ cup of Miyoko’s Liquid cheese on top or pour a little more if you're feeling cheesy!
- At this time your BBQ jackfruit should be ready! Add the shreds on top of pasta and mix in your pan.
- Turn off the flame and serve!
- Sprinkle Nutritional Yeast on top, it’s like vegan parm, and Enjoy!
Thank You For Joining Us For Lunch
What a fun and exciting episode of #LunchBreakLIVE! Pasta is always a great choice because it’s simple and delicious! Jezzy B and DJ Mike certainly took a unique twist to their vegan pesto pasta, and it turned out great! Go ahead and give it a try and let us know how you liked it. Take a photo of your finished dish and tag @UnChained_TV on Instagram. Looking for other simple plant-based recipes to cook up? Jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.