#LunchBreakLIVE Need more wellness in your life? Join us for Scrumptious Sesame Noodles with creator of Ellora Wellness Vanessa Marsot along with her partner in passion Chef George McQuade. Vanessa graduated Magna Cum Laude from YALE University with a Masters in Psychology Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) and completed 1/3 of an MBA program, yet postponed completion to focus full-time on opening ELLORA Wellness, a vegan wellness center featuring all modalities of healing, promoting creative cruelty-free lifestyles. Find them at their booth at VegFest LA on May 6th in Encino. Catch tips on powerful natural holistic health, including her garlic healing secrets live with Paige Parsons Roache hosting for janeunchained.com
SCRUMPTIOUS SESAME NOODLES
Contributed by, Vanessa Marsot
For peanut dressing
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 medium garlic clove, chopped (remove green germ at center, so you don’t have garlic breath)
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons coconut nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried hot red pepper flakes
- 16 oz. gluten-free spaghetti
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 1/2 yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, either toasted or raw (to preference)
Puree dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl. Cook noodles until al dente. Drain in a colander and rinse in cold water. Add pasta, scallions, bell peppers, and sesame seeds to dressing, tossing to combine. Enjoy! Serves 6.
What's Your Reaction?
Jane Velez-Mitchell is an award-winning TV journalist and New York Times best-selling author. She is the founder of UnchainedTV and the host of several shows on the network.