Let’s get crunchy with a Waldorf Salad and Chickpeas on #LunchBreakLIVE with guest chef Joanna Gatto. Not only does Joanna mix up this scrumptious lunch for us, but she also shares her fabulous eco-sustainable, cruelty-free line of Johnny Concert cosmetics.
Joanna Gatto is the Founder and Co-creator of ethical makeup brand @johnnyconcert. She and her husband Matt live in Los Angeles and have been plant-based for over 5 years. Joanna loves re-creating and veganizing dishes to prove that you can make delicious meals that are free from animal suffering. Follow her journey at @joxtina.
Today she totally rocked it, veganizing the classic Waldorf Salad, which is usually made with mayonnaise, but Joanna made it totally vegan and totally delicious! She also shared a little bit about her cruelty-free cosmetic brand which is off the charts awesome! Let’s check out her creations both in and out of the kitchen.
Waldorf and Chickpea Salad
- 1 can of rinsed chickpeas
- Vegan Mayo DIY recipe below
- 2-3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 - 2 sweet apples diced
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cranberries sub for grapes original recipe calls for grapes
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- toasted bread or lettuce
DIY Mayo Recipe
- 1 cup oil avocado, sunflower, olive
- 1/2 cup soy milk room temp or Aquafaba leftover from chickpeas
- 2 tsp vinegar white or apple cider
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.