This creamy, decadent pudding, whipped up by the dedicated health nut Vanessa Marsot of Ellora Wellness, tastes rich, yet is oil-free. Vanessa made this incredible pudding with a cashew base, with chia seeds to plump it up, thawed frozen blueberries as a natural sweetener, and a touch of vanilla extract to add that dessert panache.
This recipe is so quick and easy. Vanessa made it up one day when she was having a major sweet craving. She wanted something satisfying without any added sugar. Since cashews are naturally sweet, as well as blueberries, a love match was born. Chia seeds add extra density, full of omega-3’s, so every aspect of this pudding is power-packed and delicious. It’s also raw.
Vanessa likes to soak the cashews first for a few hours to remove the phytic acid, which can make them difficult to digest. Soaking also makes the cashews easier to blend. Two hours is enough time. Any longer than 6 hours can make them slimy. Watch the video above and see how she did it! I would definitely recommend trying this recipe at home. It is super easy and so tasty! Let us know how you liked it!
Cashew and Blueberry Chia Pudding
- 2 cups of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup of cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 2-4 cups of water depending on the thickness you want of pudding
- 2 cups of Chia seeds
- 1 TB Vanilla extract
- Place berries in a large bowl and allow to thaw for an hour.
- Use the water from soaking cashews to water plants. Then rinse the cashews and place in the blender.
- Add water to the blender, as much or as little as you would like depending on thickness desired.
- Blend until there are no more chunks of cashews.
- Pour into the berry bowl, and add chia seeds and vanilla extract. Mix well and then leave for 15 minutes.
- You may serve either immediately or chill for an hour first. Enjoy!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.