VEGAN SCRAMBLE AND MORE
Let’s make a vegan scramble and some vegan quiche with Just Egg! Join “Plant-Based In the ‘Burbs” hosts Sherri Sheree and Paige Parsons Roache as they SCRAMBLE & MIX up some JUST Egg Combos on #LunchbreakLIVE. Be sure to check out “Plant-Based in the Burbs” every Wednesday at 5 pm PDT.
Now, let’s watch these two cook things up in the kitchen using JUST Egg!
TWO COOKS IN THE KITCHEN
Sherri is an entrepreneur, certified personal trainer, and Pilates teacher, wife, and mother to two creative talented young men. Starting her career in the fashion and beauty industry, she has an eye for what works! For the last 15 years, she’s worked with hundreds of clients, supporting them in transforming their lives. “Fitness is a part of me. It is my passion to inspire women to see their inner and as well as their physical strengths. It’s very rewarding.” During her fitness journey, Sherri created the company W29 Activewear brand for women and men 5 years ago, bringing high-quality athletic wear to market to inspire and motivate people to move their bodies. Living a plant-based lifestyle for the past 4.5 years started her on another phase in her life. She loves veganizing her favorite recipes and learning a different way of preparing her childhood favorites into plant-based meals. “Being able to cause no harm to living creatures has been so liberating and rewarding.” Sherri and Paige co-host a fun, lively weekly show, “Plant-Based in the ‘Burbs,” bringing the ABC’s of plant-based cooking, including kitchen tips and tricks, highlighting incredible plant-based products available on the market, as well as showing how to eat a whole foods plant-based diet.
Celebrating being vegan for 4.5 years now, Paige has been committed to bringing ECO-VEGANISM to the forefront of every interaction: Environmentally conscious vegan living. After watching the documentary COWSPIRACY, she went vegan on the spot. Her daughter Katelyn, 13 at the time, chose veganism for the animals 6 months earlier. Paige, on the other hand, after being shocked by the amount of water it takes to put a hamburger on a plate and the fact that animal agriculture is the leading cause of deforestation and climate change, chose to go vegan “for the environment.” Soon after, she attended her first pig vigil with LA Animal Save/Save Movement. Once she looked at those baby pigs in the eyes, she knew why her daughter had gone vegan.
Paige became a Contributor for JaneUnChained News after cooking as a guest chef on LunchBreakLIVE. She met Jane Velez-Mitchell at VegFestLA then at Moby’s Circle V Festival. Inspired by Jane’s bold courage, Paige now reports for JNN on all the latest animal rights events, including The Save Movement’s pig/chicken/cow vigils, various PETA protests, VegFests, book launches, Anonymous for the Voiceless’ Cube of Truths, and vegan conferences. Paige is now also the Booker for #LunchBreakLIVE and many other shows on the JaneUnChained News Network.
- 1 bottle Just Eggs
- 10 mini pie shells or filo dough
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cappy’s Dry Rub. - Amazon
- Chopped Spinach
- Chopped green onions
- 3 Portobello mushrooms chopped
- Red bell pepper chopped
- 4 strips cooked tempeh bacon chopped
- Miyoko’s Farmhouse Cheddar shreds
- bake pie shells for 7mins. Make sure the bottom of the pie shell is vented. Take a fork press into the bottom of the shell to get a done crust.
- Shake Just Eggs very well. Pour Just Eggs in a bowl add garlic, onion, and Crappy’s to the egg mixture. Mix in all veggies, tempeh bacon, and cheese. Fill shells with the mixture. top with cheese. Bake for 25 mins at 300.
- 1 container of JUST EGGS
- 1 Tsp Earth Balance
- 1/4 med onion
- 1/2 LG tomato
- 1 Sm zucchini
- 1 Cup fresh organic spinach
- 1 piece of bread no egg/no milk Dave’s Killer Bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Cup of plant-based mozzarella I.e. Trader Joe’s or Follow Your Heart brand
- Chop onion, tomato, spinach, and zucchini into bite-size pieces. Sauté these in 2 tablespoons of hot water in a skillet.
- Warm-up 2 Tbls of Earth Balance and spread it around another skillet covering every area. Shake the JUST Eggs and pour the entire container empty into the pan. Let cook until bubbling, then push the cooked party’s off to the side in long rows, allowing the uncooked plant-based eggs to fill up the open spots. Keep doing that until all liquid is now cooked and fluffy. Fold in the cooked vegetables with the plant-based eggs. Top with plant-based mozzarella cheese, cover and let melt. Toast your bread, then til with the veggies-plant-based eggs, add avocado, a slice of tomato and enjoy!
ARE YOU READY FOR A VEGAN SCRAMBLE OR QUICHE?
Just Egg is the perfect product for your vegan scramble, quiche, or any other vegan egg dish. It looks, tastes, and cooks just like animal-based eggs but it is much healthier for you and totally cruelty-free. You should definitely try cooking up some egg recipes using Just Egg, it will blow your mind! If you are in search of other vegan recipes to try, be sure to stop by the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.