Artichoke Vegan Alfredo!
Who doesn’t love vegan alfredo? You can’t go wrong with a creamy pasta dish, and this recipe gives you all the creaminess you crave! Andrés Velarde, Animal Rights Activist and Executive Director at WisdomHaus.org joins us on #LunchBreakLIVE with his delicious alfredo recipe!
The Vegan Alfredo King, But Who is He?
Andres is an animal rights activist who has been vegan for over two years. His life is motivated by the desire to find more compassion for all living beings. He has a passion for speaking up for animals and the voiceless. Andres believes this earth belongs to the animals, and they need to be protected, along with the planet. When he came out as a vegan, a lot of his friends were skeptical and they always said he would give it up, unable to deal with the “struggle” of cooking vegan. Boy, they were WRONG! Andres has never felt more creative in the kitchen after going vegan. He has replaced 25 animal ‘ingredients’ with over 500 REAL FOODS – which is what we should be eating because our bodies depend on the nutrients from plant foods, the fuel that keeps us going. And Andres has learned along the way that there are so many ways to make his favorite dishes, it’s not only one way anymore, as he was taught.
Ready to Grub?
This dish looks so tasty, and oh so creamy with the artichoke sauce. Vegan Alfredo never tasted so good. I am providing the recipe for you below so you can try this dish for yourself at home. But first, let’s take a look at how Andres plate turned out. I can tell you it has made my mouth water and my tummy crave some creamy alfredo right now!
Artichoke Vegan Alfredo Pasta
- 1/4 of a package of the 'Vegan Health Pack' artichoke leaf extract.
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1/3 cup of activated almonds
- 3 tbsp of sauteed onions
- Lemon juice from 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water
- 500 gr of pasta of your choice
- Oregano paprika, salt, black pepper, garlic powder to taste.
- Walnuts and chopped red bell pepper for garnish
- - Boil your pasta first until al dente - on the meantime, you can start adding the artichoke leaf extract (which I got for free on veganhealthpack.com), the chickpeas, avocado, almonds, onions, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, paprika and oregano to your food processor.
- - After your pasta is done and you have reserved some pasta water, add it to your food processor and now you can start blitzing everything together.
- - You will get a creamy alfredo sauce that you can mix into your pasta.
- - Garnish with the walnuts, red bell pepper, and even some paprika and oregano on top. Enjoy!
Thank You For Stopping By!
This was fun! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Italian food is one of my favorite kinds food, next to Mexican. You can’t go wrong with a good pasta dish, and Alfredo is one of the best, with its rich creaminess! Be sure to check out some of the many other recipes we have available from previous #LunchBreakLIVE shows. There are a ton to choose from! Until next time…
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.