Looking For A Few Good Rice Recipes?
Rice recipes…there are many to choose from, and today we are shown three unique rice recipes from our guest chef, Vincent Schilling. Rice is a versatile food that can be transformed into many delicious and filling meals. Let’s see how Vincent turned this simple grain into full-blown dishes.
Let’s Meet Our Chef
Vincent Schilling is the Executive Vice President and co-owner of Schilling Media, Inc. a Native American-owned Media and Media Relations Corporation in Virginia. He is an enrolled Akwesasne Mohawk, an Award-winning Native American author and an Award-winning Photojournalist; and a Motivational and Diversity Public Speaker that has traveled all over the United States and Canada.
In 2011, he was given a human rights award in the city of Virginia Beach by the Mayor for his work and programs created about Native American issues.
Vincent Schilling is also the co-host of Native Trailblazers, an online indigenous radio program that airs every Friday at 8 p.m. EST.
In 2008, Vincent Schilling began as a correspondent with Indian Country Today and remained a consistent contributor of stories, photography, and video, until 2015. That year Vincent Schilling was named the Arts and Entertainment, Sports, and Pow Wows editor for Indian Country Today. Today he serves as Associate Editor.
Now Back To The Rice Recipes
It’s back to the rice on today’s #LunchBreakLIVE show. These are fun recipes with versatility and a punch of flavor. We’ve got “DelSchilling’s Awesome Sauce”, “Beep with Broccoli”, “Lean, Mean, Green Rice”, and Quick and Easy “Salsa Celebration Rice.” Which one are you gonna try first? I love using rice in recipes, mostly because it adds texture and absorbs flavor great, but also because rice fills you up and keeps you satisfied for hours. Today’s recipes are posted below so give them a try.
“DelSchilling’s Awesome Sauce”
- 4 tbsp’s organic olive oil
- ½ cup organic ketchup
- ½ cup organic soy sauce or tamari
- ¼ cup organic agave
- 2 pinches organic garlic powder
- 2 pinches organic ginger powder
- Whisk together DelSchilling’s Awesome Sauce (and BOOM!)
“Beep with Broccoli”
- 5-6 cups chopped organic broccoli
- 2 packages organic mushrooms sliced
- A drizzle of organic olive oil into a saucepan
- Saute on med-hi for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep the lid on the saucepan so that broccoli and mushrooms are also steam cooking as well as sauteeing.
- When broccoli and mushrooms are at desired temperature and tenderness, turn down the heat to low and drizzle DelSchilling’s Awesome Sauce over the broccoli and mushrooms!
“Lean, Mean, Green Rice”
- 2-3 organic avocados
- Sprinkle to taste of sea salt Our favorite is pink Himalayan
- 3 tbsp of organic lemon or lime juice
- 2 finely chopped organic Roma tomatoes
- 2 cups of organic brown rice
- Mash avocados, add sea salt, tomatoes, and lemon or lime juice. Keep a bit of tomato on the side. Add the mixture to the rice and mix. Garnish with the held aside tomato on top of the lean, mean, green rice! (KA-BOOM!)
Quick and Easy “Salsa Celebration Rice”
- 2 cups organic brown rice
- 1 cup organic salsa spiciness and chunkiness to your preference
- ½ chopped organic avocado
- Optional: chopped organic onions, parsley, basil
- Add everything to rice and enjoy your “Salsa Celebration Rice” (POW!)
Thanks For Popping In On This Special Show Filled With Rice Recipes!
This was a fun show filled with rice recipes galore! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. And if you are in search of more tasty plant-based recipes to try, be sure to jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page. There are so many fantastic recipes to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.