HAVE YOU EVER HAD VEGAN RIBS?
Learn how to make these delicious vegan ribs made with plant-based ground “meat”, spices, aromatics, jack fruit, and king oyster mushrooms. Our featured guest Chef Rev. Dr. Brooke Brimm, a metaphysical women’s practitioner, plant-dominant chef, author, and certified yoga instructor, shares her recipe with us, and we couldn’t be luckier!
OUR PLANT-POWERED CHEF OF THE DAY
Rev. Dr. Brooke Brimm is a metaphysical women’s practitioner, plant-dominant chef, author, and certified yoga instructor.
With undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Psychology, Counseling, and Holistic Life Counseling from Georgia State University and the University of Sedona, Brooke describes herself as a minister of mind, body, and Spirit. She uses self-exploration exercises, yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, creative expression, healing culinary arts, and healing herbs, as useful modalities to lead thousands of clients and students to their own self-healing.
She has developed powerful spiritual programs which inspire women to explore and discover their authentic God-selves. They include her signature programs Inner Beat Movement TM, Release the UnYou and Live like the Real YouTM, and Brooke Brimm RetreatsTM.
Brooke has authored four books all of which can be found on Amazon:
• Love’s Gumbo: Ingredients for a Loving and Lasting Relationship
• Loves God Herself: Yoga and Mindfulness for Black Women Who Follow The Christ
• Love God Herself: A Journaling Workbook for Inner Healing, Inner Guidance, and Inner Peace
• Vegan Soul Food Holiday Recipe Guide
• Vegan Soul Food Recipe Guide: 30+ Salads, Raw, Juices, & Smoothies Recipes
Dr. Brimm founded Brooke Brimm Ministries, Inc., 501c3, a non-profit with the mission to lead women to hear their inner wisdom and inner healing. She is also the founder of two Facebook groups where she offers support and guidance. Vegan Soul Food, which includes over 215,000 members who enjoy plant-based food. The Metaphysical Black Women is comprised of 2,200 Black women who are of all religions and also hold beliefs that God is connected to the mind, body, and Spirit of our beings.
Rev Dr. Brimm teaches yoga & plant-dominant cooking weekly in Atlanta and online. She is sought-after to facilitate her women-centered and holistic programs at conferences, retreats, and special gatherings throughout the world.
VEGAN RIBS, YES THEY ARE A THING. AND THEY ARE DELICIOUS!
These vegan ribs are a current favorite in Brookes Facebook group, Vegan Soul Food. You can use any kind of vegan brand meat alternative you’d like…such as Beyond Meat, Impossible Foods, etc. Brooke used Beyond Meat for this recipe and it worked great! This is a very simple recipe to make with only 6 steps. The plant-based ribs are sure to be a hit with all your friends and family so give them a try!
Beyond Vegan Ribs
- 2 Beyond burgers thawed
- 1 king oyster mushroom shredded
- ½ can of young green jackfruit shredded
- 2 mini peppers
- 1 celery stalk
- ½ medium onion
- ½ jalapeño seeded & deveined
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp grill seasoning
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 3 drops liquid smoke
- 4 TBSP barbecue sauce
- In a food processor mince all veggies, except mushrooms & jackfruit.
- Add shredded mushrooms, jackfruit, & minced veggies to the thawed Beyond Burgers.
- Mix well with your hands. The mixture should have lots of texture.
- Place on a cookie sheet and press out to 2 inch thickeness. Shape into a rectangle.
- Score rectangle into rib-like strips (about 2 inches wide.)
- Place in oven for 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven slather barbecue sauce on top & place back in the oven for 10-20min.
- Serves 4.
VEGAN RIBS Y’ALL!
Yes, you can have ribs as a vegan, and they are super delicious! It’s time to step out of your comfort zone and try something new! Go for it. And if you are interested in more plant-based recipes to try, be sure to jump on over to the #LunchBreakLIVE page, where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
Donna Dennison is an UnchainedTV writer, graphic designer, video editor, and IG contributor. Donna is also a creative in the film industry.