MOROCCAN SWEET POTATO SALAD MAKES YOU GO “WOW”
It’s time for the best ever Moroccan Vegan Sweet Potato Salad! Find out how to make this in 5 EASY STEPS with plant-based wellness coach and chef Elizabeth Mansur. Warmer weather means time outdoors for picnics and potlucks…create this easy, exotic, full of flavor, tasty salad with homemade dressing, that will certainly impress your guests.
70 YEARS YOUNG AND GOING STRONG
Elizabeth is a passionate 70-year-old vegan, and a Holistic Health Coach. Her goal is to help guide and inspire others to achieve their optimum health they so richly deserve and the importance of consuming high-octane, living plant foods that are minimally processed!
LET’S DIVE INTO THIS DELICIOUS MOROCCAN SWEET POTATO SALAD
Moroccan Salad is an exotic, flavorful dish that is too easy to make to pass up trying. It is a perfect dish for Spring or Summer gatherings, vegan BBQs, or picnics, so this recipe comes at the perfect time since the weather is starting to warm. It is full of nutrients and health, a 100% whole-food plant-based meal. Let’s get chopping and make this Moroccan slice of heaven.
Moroccan Vegan Sweet Potato Salad
- For the Salad:
- 1-2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup cucumber diced
- 1 cup Roma tomato cubed
- 1/2 cup parsley or cilantro roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dates thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water overnight
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest about 1 very large lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Pinch of pepper
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks and place them in a large pot of salted water, or air-fried whole at 400 for 30 minutes.
- Once water boiling, reduce the heat to medium/high so that the pot retains a steady boil and cook the potatoes until they're are fork tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain them and let them sit until they're cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, in a non stick skillet roast pistachios until they are golden brown about 1-2 minutes.
- Roughly chop and set aside the nuts.
- Drain the water from the soaking cashews and place them into a high-powered blender.
- Add in all the remaining "dressing" ingredients and blend until they're smooth and creamy.
- Once potatoes are cool, peel the skin from the potatoes and chop them into cubes, placing in a large bowl.
- Add the cucumber, tomato, cilantro or Parsley,dates, mint and chopped pistachios.
- Pour all the dressing over the salad and mix until evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate it for at least 1 hour so the flavors develop.
- Season with black pepper if needed
OUR MOROCCAN ADVENTURE COMES TO AN END
What a fun adventure this was, making a delicious and simple vegan Moroccan dish. If you are looking for other easy plant-based recipes to try, be sure to visit the #LunchBreakLIVE page where we have a ton to choose from. Until next time…keep cookin’!
What's Your Reaction?
JaneUnChained graphic designer, behind-the-scenes problem solver, and IG contributor. Donna is a creative in the film industry, a passionate vegan, and promoter of a plant-based lifestyle. Known on social media as ThatSnarkyVeganGirl. Follow her on IG @ThatSnarkyVeganGirl